Deep fried, breaded veni – ceasar/h.radish sauce

• whittsend

Tried this veni version yet??

Get out your fish cooking pot / oil. Heat oil to 350 just like you are going to fry fish. We like to use this veni recipe as an appetizer to a good walleye fry.

Chunk venison into 3/4 to 1 inch cubes. Soak/roll veni cubes in egg wash, then coat/roll cubes with shorelunch seasoning or other seasoned flour mixture.

Deep fry coated venison chunks until medium rare. Test fry a few to guage the time it takes to properly cook a cube. Generally it only takes a minute or so to get to medium rare, depending on cube size. DO NOT OVERCOOK!!!!! Do not fry too many at a time, or the oil temp will plummet, leaving you with soggy veni.

Remove from heat, place onto paper towels to soak up the oil. Sprinkle with some salt/pepper if desired (or other seasoning like Excalibur prime rib rub…mmmmmmmmmm )

Eating them plain is good.. But I highly recommend making the following dipping sauce. Use roughly a half and half mixture of ranch or creamy ceasar dressing (I use Newmans Own Creamy Ceasar… I know, I know, big HSUS/anti supporter, but its the best taste I’ve found…) – and the other half Silver Springs prepared horseradish.

When you talk horseradish, there is horesradish, and then there is Silver Springs horseradish… Don’t save 25 cents and cheap out… Get the good stuff, usually in the dairy/refrigerated section…

If you want a red sauce instead, just get the Silver Springs cocktail sauce (also in refrigerated section)… GREAT on shrimp, best cocktail sauce made!! — But I recommend the ranch sauce first…

Thats it! Breaded, deep fried veni chunks in horseradish/ceasar dip…

Awesome!

Mike

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Sounds good Mike, makes me want to go blast a yearlng to get some nice tender venison. In season of course. Dan

wallster
    Austin, MN

Deep fried veni is great. We have been doing the same exact thing for a few years on opener. Duck/goose/pheasant all come with the venison too. Side batch of cheesy taters along with it.
    I have also panfried veni chops the same way with shore lunch.
    Wallster ><((((>

whittsend

Butter pan fried ritz cracker crumb veni is also very good. (any breading works well).

We took out a t-loin last night, sliced it T H I N (1/8″ slices – This is where that Wustof knife came in very handy – also helps if the veni is still slighly frozen… slices easier) and just fried it in olive oil. Added it to fresh onions/green peppers (cooked just prior to cooking the veni) with a little steak rub sprinkled on top, and it was fantastic. Again, the trick it not to over cook the meat. Very thin sliced veni only takes a few seconds on each side in when pan frying in hot oil… Don’t overcook!! Only do a few pieces at a time… Make sure you still get that nice med rare / rare center…

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.