Bacon-wrapped corn on the cob

• jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

A simple must try. Husk some corn on the cob, wrap it in bacon min 2 pieces you can use plain or seasoned either works for differnt flavors. I usally use 3 pieces per cob. Wrap in tin foil with no salt or butter. Place on grill set at 275-325 deg for about an hr to an hr and 20 min. turn every 20 or so. Take it off the grill if the bacon is done so is the corn MMMMM enjoy no salt or butter is needed.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

My heart just slowed down a little n. I might have to try this.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

holy crap. That definitely sounds like something I gotta try!!

corey-studer

Sounded pretty good I had to give it a try. Mmmm bacon popcorn

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Now that sounds dam good the wife doesnt think so

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

Use sweet corn not field corn…

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Boy that sounds good !Will be trying it this weekend.

Thanks from Jeff

duckilr
    Mississippi River

sounds good, might have to give it a whirl

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

Anything with bacon has to be good. Only thing better might be bacon sprinkled with bacon bits!

Nut

PowerFred

Bacon might make your life shorter, but oh so much more enjoyable!

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

It is one of the best ways to have corn on the cob . A friend of mine came up with the idea several years ago. The first time it was attemted we husked the corn, wraped it and used the husk again to cook it. That did not work out so well. after he came up with the tin foil idea we were good to go.
    Just remember when the bacon is done so is the corn, If the bacon isnt done it wont turn out well. It may take a time or two to figure it out but its worth every cob.
    Make sure to use enough tin foil to wrap it a couple of times, if you end up with a hole in the foil you will get flare ups. No big deal a little beer and the flames are out.

Did any one try it this week end????

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I tried it. I bought a half dozen ears of corn Saturday and planned to grill it on Sunday. I left it on the deck over night and some racoons ate 7 ears of corn. They even husked it and just ate it off the cob.

Bought another half dozen ears on Sunday. BTW – the lady selling the corn was not bad looking either. The ears were on the small side. I put 3 pieces of bacon on each ear and wrapped it a few times with tin foil. I grilled it at about 350 for an hour. The corn was fairly mushy. I didn’t care for it. I don’t know if it was because the corn wasn’t that good yet or if it was cooked too long or if this recipe just isn’t for me. I plan to give it another try in a couple weeks after I know the corn is a little better.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Stick Boy,
    It also looks like I cooked it at too hot of a temp. Next time I’ll keep it between 275 – 325.

whittsend

I’m not doubting the recipe, it sounds very good… But does it need over an hour to cook? Usually grilled corn can be cooked in the husk in 15-20 minutes or less. Boiled corn is usually best if you keep it in the water for 4 minutes or less. Could the cooking duration be shortened for this recipe, or will there be bad results??

Mike

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

We basically took our time grilling it. All the bacon greese soaks into the cob. For what ever reason our best results were at a lower temp and a longer cook time. Maybe slow roasted to perfection I dont no. the bacon needs to be on the crispy side not the chewy side and not charcoal either.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I was skeptical about wrapping sweet corn with bacon, it just didn’t sound right. Last night we put 8 ears of corn on the grill still in the husk after soaking in water an hour and 4 bacon wrapped ears to give this a try.
    The Brinkman gas grill stayed between 225-250 degrees and the corn was removed after 1 hour. Un wrapping the aluminum foil showed the bacon was done so I tried the first ear…….OMG that was good We are getting another dozen for Sunday and wrapping everyone of them ears in bacon

Thanks for the recipe Stick Boy

192-fazer
    Cedar Falls Ia.

Everythings better with bacon. Pork rules

Stickney

Made 8 cobs last night and they were awesome. I used two slices of bacon for each cob and cooked them about 70 minutes.

Now I want to try it with pepper bacon!!

whittsend

Sweet!

Now I GOTTA try it!!!

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

MMMMMMMMMMM….
    glad you guys talked me into it. Made 6 ears tonight w/ 3 slices of bacon on each ear. this reciped was great! The corn was not soggy at all and the bacon was nice and crispy.

Thanks for the recipe Stickboy and recommendations guys, it was well worth it

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

almost forgot…we cooked it at about 300* for 65min, turned 4 times. One wasn’t sealed up on the end well enough and had a little flare up. Other than that, easy and delicious!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.