what do you do to spice up store bought bbq sauce.

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Heres a couple things I do to spark up store bought bbq sauce. I put in extra mollassas, brown sugar, liquid smoke, mustard and about a half a cup of old Elpaso medium heat picante sauce. I take the picante sauce and put it in a blender and puree it so theres hardly any solids left, then add to the sauce. A must is Lousiana hot sauce. I’ve tried other hot sauces but the bottle labeled Lousiana hot sauce is the best I think. Its not hard to give your bbq sauce a little extra kick, give it a try.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Up here we dont buy store bought, we have a John Hardys BBQ and a Roscoes BBQ ,both which are award winning BBQ places.

Just buy it by the bottle there .

dgoodman
    Pool 4

Quote:

Up here we dont buy store bought, we have a John Hardys BBQ and a Roscoes BBQ ,both which are award winning BBQ places.

Just buy it by the bottle there .

Thats what i do too. Just the thought of a pork plate from JH makes my mouth water!

deertracker

Pour it on your FW or FG. That will spice things up.

DT

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Pour it on your FW or FG. That will spice things up.

DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I buy Famous Dave’s Devil’s Spit. I’m the only one in the house who can eat it, but I like the bite it offers.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

If you need to add anything to bbq sauce your buying the wrong stuff. Try Mississippi Heat-made in La Crosse. Sometimes you can find it local, or you can order it on the internet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.