heres some ribs

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

here is what I am eating tonight. They were cooked using the recipe that I posted yesterday in the Rib Rub post.

They smoked for 6 hours. This is really the first time I have done spareribs. I trimmed them down to cook better.

All that is left is to toss them on the grill and sauce them.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

All that is left is to toss them on the grill and sauce them.

Excellent. If all you are going to do is put them on the grill and sauce them I willhelp you out with the final phase and eat them! look fantastic.

sink-her
    Kasson MN

That looks like a million dollar fathers day meal

chomps
    Sioux City IA

since we have two packing houses in the area, I can usually find a buddy to pick me up something at the employee meat sale, yesterday got a case of baby backs 33.6 pounds for $33.60 and a twelve pack of his favorite beer. Got a case of pork loins coming in soon also, good thing I loaded up on charcoal on Memorial weekend.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I’d like to smoke ribs in my Weber kettle.

What temps do you maintain on a six hour cook?

I’ve tried it before but the ribs turned out too smoky and tough.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

your Weber will spike in temp initially, but close the vents and let her come down to 220, open the bottom vent under the coals and open the top vent oposite the charcoal half way. 6 hours might be a bit long, but keep checking.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I’m pretty sure I can hold the temp that long.

I’ve put a couple fire bricks in it to hold the heat.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I usually cook mine at 200*. After three hours I will take them and wrap in foil for an hour and a half. They will almost fall apart. Just a nice pull to clean the bone

Another thing, I only use about 5 chunks of wood when doing ribs. The chunks are no bigger then a softball. After they are gone I don’t worry about any more smoke.

By the way those ribs were just as good as they look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.