catfish tail soup

• the pyromaniac

Here’s one of my favorites, courtesy of my longtime fishing buddy Tóño the Mexican…

You’ll need these:
    2 catfish around 2-3 pounds
    Limes
    Potatoes
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    3 jalapeños
    Onion
    Garlic
    Cilantro (all vegetables and spices based on whatever ratio you prefer)
    Chicken broth
    Crab stock
    1 dozen jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined

Get the broth and whatever amount of hot water you added boiling. Throw in all the plant matter except the limes.

Cut off the heads of the fish and discard. Clean and chop each fish into 5 pieces. Throw the vertically-cut pieces of fish (including the tail) in the pot, then throw in the shrimp. Cut the heat to med/low, and simmer for 2 hours.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Here’s one of my favorites, courtesy of my longtime fishing buddy Tóño the Mexican…

You’ll need these:
    2 catfish around 2-3 pounds
    Limes
    Potatoes
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    3 jalapeños
    Onion
    Garlic
    Cilantro (all vegetables and spices based on whatever ratio you prefer)
    Chicken broth
    Crab stock
    1 dozen jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined

Get the broth and whatever amount of hot water you added boiling. Throw in all the plant matter except the limes.

Cut off the heads of the fish and discard. Clean and chop each fish into 5 pieces. Throw the vertically-cut pieces of fish (including the tail) in the pot, then throw in the shrimp. Cut the heat to med/low, and simmer for 2 hours.

..Wow.! Now thats a lot of work to make a CATFISH TASTE GOOD. Right BK. ………..rrr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pay no attention to RRR pyromaniac. He hasn’t had his liquid personality yet.

the pyromaniac

Quote:

Pay no attention to RRR pyromaniac. He hasn’t had his liquid personality yet.

I know the type. Tóño the Mexican gets like that sometimes too.

As for the soup, well, my wife is a city girl who doesn’t eat stuff like that. In ’09, the first time she tried it, it took us 20 minutes of convincing before she’d let us put a bowl in front of her. She ate 3 bowls.

stuart
    Mn.

After I used the limes for shooting some Patron,the soup was pretty good!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.