Fishing Radio Reports/Podcast

• John Christesnen

Anybody got any of these they like to listen too?
    I find myself looking forward to Thursdays to listen to the one out Watertown SD

KWAT OUTDOORS RADIO SHOW – Hunting and Fishing info with Don Fjerstad

On The Water and In The Air on KSDR

Looking for more to listen to throughout the week

Ducky

404 ERROR
    MN

You can listen to Bear Facts and Fish Tales on BOBFM on Sunday evenings… Very informative…
    rotflol

John Christesnen

I was looking for something to stream on my phone

Ducky

Ny
    N Metro

You can listen to Bear facts and fish tales every sunday from 7-9 on 106.1 bob or download tune in radio on your phone for free and you can stream it on there to.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mark & Larry aren’t the most polished guys on the radio but they do provide some insight. They are dialed in and connected pretty well to the fishing scene in Minnesota. If you are looking for a politically correct show they likely aren’t for you.

Go in with the idea you are listening to a fishing program and not a program on how to cure cancer and you will be fine. grin

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

You can listen to Bear facts and fish tales every sunday from 7-9 on 106.1 bob or download tune in radio on your phone for free and you can stream it on there to.

I used to always enjoy listening to these guys back when it was on what used to be KSTP radio. They were long since bounced from that station when ESPN took over. Always wondered if it was ever broadcast anymore…thanks!

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

I’m more of a podcast guy, Get-Bit Outdoors is decent.
    They have had quite a few walleye tournament guys.
    The Chase Parsons one was pretty good, they talked about Chase’s trolling style.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I know this is a walleye site but if you’re a bass guy Bassmaster has a really good podcast going right now and if you’re into catfish Catfish Weekly is a great one also.

404 ERROR
    MN

Ok, I’ll bite. What’s this podcast stuff? Yes, I may be under the age of 30, but I have no idea what a podcast is and how to access them…Hearing lots of people talk about some really interesting podcasts has gotten me interested.

Aaron Kalberer

Merican Eagle, they are kind of like a talk radio show, typically the hosts will interview 1 or more guests on subjects that the host is knowledgeable or interested in. They can be quite entertaining and informative. they are on ITunes and the google play store, so can be downloaded or streamed and listened to on your phone.

404 ERROR
    MN

So it’s not live, it’s pre-recorded and downloadable? Hmm, thanks. I’ll look into em.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

So it’s not live, it’s pre-recorded and downloadable? Hmm, thanks. I’ll look into em.

This is what my dad would say but with a coffee at the end.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Not MN/Fishing centric, but I really enjoy the Steven Rinella and Joe Rogan podcasts. I’m mid-30’s, so I’d also like to thank @MericanEagle for making me feel a little hip, with-it and young! rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Can anybody tell me the purpose of a podcast? To my way of thinking and understanding you don’t really need anything for a podcast correct? Just record it and upload it somehow? I’m guessing these podcast guys don’t have enough of a audience to sell the idea to a traditional radio station? Or they can’t come up with a regular show or sponsors to do a traditional show on the radio? They can’t possibly get the amount of listeners that a radio show can reach.

I’m old and don’t really understand the point of a podcast which the show could be recorded years ago and not have any relevance to today.

Color me old. coffee

munchy
    NULL

Can anybody tell me the purpose of a podcast? To my way of thinking and understanding you don’t really need anything for a podcast correct? Just record it and upload it somehow? I’m guessing these podcast guys don’t have enough of a audience to sell the idea to a traditional radio station? Or they can’t come up with a regular show or sponsors to do a traditional show on the radio? They can’t possibly get the amount of listeners that a radio show can reach.

I’m old and don’t really understand the point of a podcast which the show could be recorded years ago and not have any relevance to today.

Color me old. coffee

Many reasons. Some do Podcasts because their format won’t be allowed by the FCC. Some do it to reach a broader (worldwide) audience that doing live at a single station just won’t reach. Some just do it as a hobby. Some do it because the big radio stations won’t pick them up but are still good enough for an audience.
    Many do make money from it as they have sponsors, and could possibly get paid by the click.
    There is actually a lot of good content out there if you are willing to search for it and don’t mind listening to a few duds before finding those gems. If I drove more on a frequent basis I would search out more podcasts to listen to to break the dulldrums of normal radio.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Color me old. coffee

Podcasts are like full concerts to radio being one song. They allow for much further in-depth analysis and discussion. The two I listen to (Rinella and Rogan) are usually about 2 hours long with one or two guests. Compared to radio like Barreiro who has multiple guests for 5-15 minute segments. As far as listeners I’m not sure the #s but podcasts reach the entire world, radio reaches a single market (generally). And yes most podcasts have sponsors, and varying levels of profitability I’m sure.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just like every Joe schmo needs to come out with their own fishing videos for the world to see, every person who thinks they know something needs a podcast.

Hate to be Mr.Controversial but 98% of the entertainment out there sucks. People are so dummied down by all the content out there we’ve forgotten what true art there is in the world. And worse yet, the constant need for stimulation feeds the need for all of it.

Rant over. Man I hate snow in April.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I agree Nick, this whole look at mine, look at mine relating to videos gets old. But the upside I guess is we still have the option of clicking and watching which I seldom do.

404 ERROR
    MN

Not MN/Fishing centric, but I really enjoy the Steven Rinella and Joe Rogan podcasts.

Steven Rinella is my absolute favorite person in the hunting world. I have all 3 of his books and have watched his entire Meateater series. His persona and love for the outdoors and eating wild game is something amazing. I knew him and Joe Rogan were friends, same with Bryan Callen. I will for sure be checking them out and listening to them on my morning commute. Thanks!

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m currently listening to my first podcast, Steven Rinella. He’s spearing whitefish in Alaska and talking about ice fishing and different tactics. Thanks for the tip BW, now I’m hooked on old man talk radio…

Sylvanboat

Apple has the App Store where you can download their podcast platform. Then in the podcast app you can search for content like “fishing”. “Ice fishing” etc. I presume Android phones have something similar. My experience with many of them is the sponsor is looking to make money and their podcasts become infomercials over time.

AnotherFisherman

What I like about podcasts, compared to radio shows, is that you can listen to them whenever you want or are able.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

John from Tuned Up Custom Rods started one last ice season that I really enjoyed called “The Icemen”. Had a lot of great guests on and always had good conversation. Nice hearing local guys talk about bodies of water I fish as well.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.