Fishing Leech This Weekend

• Brewer

I’m picking up my new boat at The Boat Center tomorrow and heading up to Leech Lake to fish tomorrow and Saturday. Has anyone been out lately? Any help would be appreciated.

Will anyone else be fishing and want to share information?

CBMN
    North Metro

I was up last weekend and did well in 15′ of water or less.

Gotta find fish as that is what I spent much of Saturday doing but it paid off on Sunday.

Good luck with the new boat.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Scouting would be a perfect time while breaking in the new motor!

zooks

Scouting would be a perfect time while breaking in the new motor!

For sure! Jason Mitchell just released a video on Leech, don’t know if it was filmed this fall or last but good info about scouting and what to look for. Good luck and have fun!

CBMN
    North Metro

That Jason Mitchell video has a lot of good info as that was almost exactly my program but I dragged jigs thru areas that had large amounts of fish instead of pitching.

Brewer

Thanks all for the info. Thanks Zooks for posting the Jason Mitchell video. I agree, there was lots of good info there. I’ll let you know how it goes.

buschman
    Pool 2

Have you guys seen or hear what the water temps are up there lately? Main lake or Walker Bay?

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Have you guys seen or hear what the water temps are up there lately? Main lake or Walker Bay?

Sat I had 43 to 47 degrees in the main lake and Walker bay…

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

You’re welcome Man…

Brewer

Just realized I forgot to post about how the weekend went. I saw the same temp range, 43-47. That was in Walker Bay and the north side of the main lake. I struggled to find fish. I hardly even marked anything. I scouted a lot of wind swept shoreline (and there was plenty of wind). So my best guess is that the fish were up really shallow. I was mostly looking in the 10-20 foot range. As I was driving home I was wondering if I should have spent more time in 3-5 feet of water. I guess I’ll try again another time. It was still fun to be on the water.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.