Fishing Club

• Dan Baker

Hey All, I am a teacher and I am trying to set up a fishing club at my school. We are focusing our club on girls in 5th grade because we want to grow the sport in areas that are historically underrepresented. We have generous support from Tuned Up Custom Rods who are providing free rods to the girls, Clam Outdoors who are providing free reels, and Fishing Guide Larry Hanson of Larry Hanson Outdoors who is volunteering his time and boat for the day of fishing. We are in need of some funding for transportation and gear for the girls. IF you are interested in helping, please follow the link to the DonorsChoose page for this club.
    Thanks,
    Dan

https://www.donorschoose.org/project/ece-fishing-club/3250142/?utm_source=dc&utm_medium=directlink&utm_campaign=project&utm_term=teacher_5335075&rf=directlink-dc-2018-04-project-teacher_5335075&challengeid=21172283

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Dan:

Might be interested in helping, but not in a financial capacity to start… Where are ya going??? Do you need other boats/guides??? Will you need food???
    Are you staying overnight??? Will you need female chaperones??? Lots of other questions too…

I serve on the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Interscholastic Fishing Association. We are mainly serving the students of the state of WI in an ice fishing capacity as it is easier to fund events. And we only serve the High Schools at this time… We’ve been trying to get into open water more, but are still finding impediments holding us back.

Thus after you answer the above questions, perhaps I’ll have more questions or maybe I can find answers… Good Luck!!! It seems you have a good start going!!!

Mark

c_w
    central MN

I would think the high school team in your district would have a high level of interest in you helping recruit future members. Maybe check with them if they could help out financialy or with personnel?

Dan Baker

Good tips guys, thanks. Right now we have the main parts covered. We have 3 boats with two adults and 3 girls per boat. We’re going to be fishing for a half day on Weaver lake in Maple Grove. As well as having 4 weeks of meetings prior to that. Our limitations are mostly based the cost of transportation for the girls to get to the lake since we can’t transport them personally. We want this to be an annual event, but we also want to keep it small so each girl gets the personal attention needed to learn to fish and have success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.