Fishing buddies needed! New to Mn from Neb.

• Walleyeguy33

Not normally the type to do this sort of thing but figured it might be a good way to meet some good people with the same passion for fishing as myself. My wife and I moved to Minnesota this summer from Nebraska and currently live in the Apple Valley/Lakeville area of the south metro. Always dreamed of living up here for the fishing opportunities and finally made it happen. Although I gained 10,000 lakes I had to leave all my fishing buddies back in Nebraska. I’ve been fishing by myself all summer and started out my ice season this way as I’ve yet to meet any guys at work who really like to fish. My wife enjoys fishing, but is more of a fair weather angler haha. I’m 29 and was hoping to get connected with some guys my age with the same passion for the outdoors as myself. If anyone is interested in doing some ice fishing send me a PM and we can exchange contact info. I’m a very easy going person and will always lend a hand with work that needs done and split expenses. I have all hunting and fishing gear needed for whatever the occasion. Also if anyone knows of any good fishing clubs in the south metro area where I could get connected I would also be up for that. Thanks and I hope to hear from some of you! Have a good one.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hi Walleyeguy33… wave

Darn nice muskie you’re holding in your profile pic, for being a walleye guy? wink

I did have happen the similar when I moved from Wisconsin to here in the north metro, all me fishing buddies I left behind. sad

Thankfully I’ve found a few here and they’re mostly from social media including this forum.

As far as getting connected with the same passion minded folks for outdoors activities, don’t limit it to just guys your own age. Us older guys are still useful and can serve a purpose. lol

Keep active here and you’ll stay connected with happenings, events…etc.

I can PM you later when ice sets up better and maybe get out for some “ice action” waytogo

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

If you’re a husker fan and like to fish you’ll always be welcome in my boat.

I don’t ice fish a ton but I’ll let you know if I get out. When we get into feb and March I’ll be back on the river and you’re welcome to join.

I’d also suggest looking into the st croix walleye league in the spring. That’s a good group.

Walleyeguy33

Hey Matt I’m a big husker fan! Go big red! I would definitely be up for fishing the river sometime. Went out to the river a few times this summer and late fall. Very cool place to fish. If you feel up to some ice fishing I’ll be going quite a bit the next few months.

Walleyeguy33

Hey Andy, Thanks man appreciate the comment. Fish of my life I got up in Canada years ago. Also I’ll fish with any age group older guys usually have more experience and knowledge anyways haha. Let’s keep in touch and please do let me know about getting out on some ice action. Where abouts are you located and like to fish? I just made my first trip to Mille lacs last week and had a great time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.