Fishing Algoma north pier

• nchawkeye

Hi – new to the forum, I’m planning a salmon fishing trip to Algoma in a couple of weeks and wondered if there is still public walk-in access to the north pier? It’s been a while since I’ve fished Algoma, you used to be able to park across from the Harbor Inn motel and walk through the campground to access the pier. Is this still possible? Thanks.

buck-slayer

I would think there is but I’d hire a charter that’s fun and you catch fish.

Ripjiggen

I think their is been a few years since I been to Algoma. If not Kewaunee has a long pier and huge harbor to fish from shore.

catmando
    wis

Pretty sure the live web cam points that way, check it out, good time would be in the morning I am thinking. DK.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Would 100% agree in the summer. This time of year though Kings are coming into shore and can do well casting from shore or a small boat near the harbors

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buck-slayer wrote:</div>

Would 100% agree in the summer. This time of year though Kings are coming into shore and can do well casting from shore or a small boat near the harbors

+2

nchawkeye

Thanks for the comments. I have booked a charter but wanted to check out the pier on other mornings. Might try Kewaunee one day. We actually started salmon fishing there back in 1974 or 75 when snagging was the method of choice. In years past, I’ve had some memorable fishing from the north pier but more commonly it’s just a pleasant activity. I tried to check the web cams but they don’t seem to be operating at the moment (or I can’t see them with my system).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.