Fish biting today?

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Curious if anyone fished today. Cold front coming tonight and I am curious if I missed anything. May get out Thursday after the cold weather hits.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If I was a betting man tonight would be great to fish. Not sure how to write it but just something in the air that tells me fish are on the chew shallow and aggressive. Might still try to get out later tonight after some office stuff but seemed very fishy out there the way nature was whispering to me shock

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Good luck if you get out fishing!

bigpike

not sure of your location but I am the middle of wisconsin and north. last night I caught 27 crappies, 3 gils and 1 perch in about 1 hour 45 minutes. tonight the fish were grabbing my plastics but I was not connecting: 10 crappies 2 perch in about 1.5 hours. live bait would of been a good option tonight for numbers. size of fish was very good last night……

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Reports are coming in the bite on the St Croix is into the fall bite for the infamous walleye.

We had three sturgeon and a small channel cat last night in 2 hours.

I’ll be out there this weekend hoping my nose won’t get frosted! )

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

not sure of your location but I am the middle of wisconsin and north. last night I caught 27 crappies, 3 gils and 1 perch in about 1 hour 45 minutes. tonight the fish were grabbing my plastics but I was not connecting: 10 crappies 2 <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch in about 1.5 hours. live bait would of been a good option tonight for numbers. size of fish was very good last night……

Thanks for the report. Sounds like the bite was good two days before the cold front. I am in Oakdale, MN.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Reports are coming in the bite on the St Croix is into the fall bite for the infamous walleye.

We had three sturgeon and a small channel cat last night in 2 hours.

I’ll be out there this weekend hoping my nose won’t get frosted! )

Good to hear Brian. Looking forward to a good St Croix bite. May be out there sunday. Don’t forget your nose warmer.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Smallies on the chew this AM, trying spot #2 for shore lunch shortly.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If you see a green lund with a big white disk that looks like an over size gps puck or people in a boat with red noses on, stop over and say hi!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Smallies on the chew this AM, trying spot #2 for shore lunch shortly.

Good to read the fish are hungry.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I fished this morning and caught a mess of walleyes on jigging raps. Ironically the water temp only moved 1 degree since Sunday. Still very aggressive jig motions and the walleyes were chewing.

Attachments:
    1. cal-fall-fish-2.jpeg

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Fish were not too hungry for my lures this morning. Could be an evening bite with the moon coming up. Going to be a bright moon tonight.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

We boated 18 saugeyes this AM.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

We boated 18 saugeyes this AM.

Good to hear they were biting for you. I know there were fish in the area i was it. Lots of bait too which doesn’t help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.