Firststrike Indicator Flag

• tswoboda

Anyone here ever used these? They look like a super compact alternative to Finicky Foolers or iFish Pros. My gut instinct tells me they are gimmicky and I will break them. But it’s actually a decent product they would be awesome for BWCA trips. For $20 I’ll give them a shot, unless someone tells me otherwise.

https://firststrikefishing.com/products/first-strike-indicator-single-pack

kayl

Looks pretty cool and a lot smaller than the finicky fooler 365s for a summer canoe trip! Let us know how they are!

Dave maze
    Isanti

I have a few of those on my ice rods. They work good. I did have to zip tie them on because my rods flex too much where I mounted them.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I got some but have not give them much of a chance….yet.

Aboxy17

I picked some up at the Ice show and they are pretty good. The only problem with it is that you have to keep your bail closed to run the system. They are not very hard to set up and it is pretty easy. I thought I would use them a lot but I have only used it once this year just because I fish by myself a lot and I am much more confident using a deadstick right next to me in the shack for my second line and that will likely never change.

Ripjiggen

I use mine a lot for about 3 years. Combined with a bait feeder they are great. I set mine in a rocker style tip down holder but any holder will do. Have used them on light crappie bites up to walleye and Pike.
    Super compact and even have a light for use at night. I don’t zip tie mine on and just use as is. Barely notice it on the rod when fighting a fish. Set up is super easy.
    I highly recommend them.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

How long have these been out? I talked to a couple guys testing these or something just like them out 20 years ago on Devils Lake in southern Wi. Looked interesting and I kept watching for them but this is the first I have seen them for sale.

tswoboda

Thanks guys… That $20 turned into $120 real quick after finding out I need a couple baitfeeders as well smash

Not gonna lie, I’m surprised how many people have used these since I’ve never heard of them. Great to see positive reviews though. All of my fishing gear (sans hand auger) for a 3 day trip needs to fit in a 5 gallon bucket so these will be sweet!

Ripjiggen

You will not be disappointed if paired with a bait feeder. Takes a fish or two to hone in on the tension but I kind of giggle when I hear if guys lugging an I fish pro.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I have 3 and use them in shack,absolutely love them I leave bail closed and loosen the drag work awesome. 2 friends now own these from seeing mine in be action. Light and compact I got 3 for 13.00 bucks a while back

tswoboda

I have 3 and use them in shack,absolutely love them I leave bail closed and loosen the drag work awesome. 2 friends now own these from seeing mine in be action. Light and compact I got 3 for 13.00 bucks a while back

I used to do the loosen drag technique with a piece of pink shoe-lace tied on line. Pink shoe-lace gone was the equivalent of flag-up. It was about 50/50 that I would remember to tighten the drag before giving them the juice doah

Aboxy17

These are also great alternatives to rattle reels in a wheelhouse when you can’t use a dead stick and bobber. Baitfeeders are definitely needed for this setup as well.

tim hurley

Another set line contraption to buy-aaarrggghh!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Another set line contraption to buy-aaarrggghh!

You will be way happier using this over the I fish pro if you have one of them. But I still prefer the finicky fooler

tim hurley

Have the FF, it works well just seems like a lot of steps from set up to your line being in the water.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.