First Time to Namakan

• fred bartling

Next week I will take my first trip camping trip to Namakan and am looking for any suggestions and patterns to get started with. Suggestions about live bait options as well as any color and lure suggestions will be much appreciated. Looking at a multi species trip with primary focus on smallmouth and walleye. We will not be fishing the Canadian side.

Thanks,

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Stop at Cold Spring Bait, they will get you on whatever is working. They are south of the Ash River turnoff on the right side of Hwy 53 as you are going North.

Their number is……….218-757-3191

munchy
    NULL

Heading back from a 4 day (2 full days and 2 half days of fishing)weekend on Nam right now. Between the three of us we had about 60 fish, with around 25 of them being 19″ plus with 24″ as the biggest. And 15 eater sized.

Lindy rigs with leeches, leeches, and leeches, very little success with crawlers.

Best luck came with chartreuse hook and chartreuse bead during the day and orange hook with orange or glow bead during cloudy or low light times. 2 to 3 foot leader and 3/4oz weight. In 15-25 feet of water. we jumped around the entire lake from Jug and westward. But most of the time was spent around the bays on the north and south sides of Junction Bay.

I also had a bonus super fatty 20″ smally.

Good luck out there!

munchy
    NULL

Almost forgot!!

If we caught 2 or 3 fish in a spot it was then dead, move on and come back an hour or two later.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.