First time smoking.

• Musky Ed

Have always gave away all the Steelhead and Browns, or just let them go. Got a smoker the other day and caught a nice Steelhead right after. Decided to try the smoker today, don’t know why I waited so long. Steelhead tastes great in the smoker.

Attachments:
    1. 20200621_194630.jpg

buck-slayer

That’s the only way to eat it. Going to fish Michigan on Tuesday thru Thursday so should bring something back to smoke.

Musky Ed

Headed that way myself, will be in Sturgeon Bay.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I’m confused. Are you talking about Lake Michigan steelhead? Every one I’ve ever had was dynamite. Better than the Chinooks.

buck-slayer

I’ll be out of Port Washington. Can I still say Washington? They may change that name while I’m there. 🙁

Musky Ed

Chambers, please send your recipe for cooking Steelhead, as I have not had the best of luck with it, till now with the smoker.I no longer will be giving them all away, as I was very impressed with how good they taste smoked.
    buck-slayer, Port Washington should be hot now. I’m hoping it’s picked up some out of Sturgeon Bay, as a the water was really cold yet last week, and kings were just starting, we’ll see what happens, only have a few days there, then lots of stuff around the house to do, then get ready for Salmon a Rama. Will be fishing all week out of Racine with my son. Don’t know how I’m going to do it,as he wants to fish from morning to apx 10 or 11 in the evening. Hopefully there is some rain or wind days that we cant get out, as I am too old for that many long days.

Ripjiggen

I actually prefer steelhead over salmon.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Looks fantastic.

Some of the best fish I’ve ever had has come from those mom ‘n pop Great Lakes smokehouses.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.