First Time Seeing Fish Spook ice Fishing

• usmarine0352

On the ice definitely lean towards quieter then better. Been pretty surprised with one one my buddies who blasts the music
    Muskie fishing in the summer and it doesn’t seem to affect anything other than annoying me.

Summer acoustics are probably different than winter.

tim hurley

Would think as the snow gets thicker the sound would get muffled (feet, sled) any sound that is just in the air would not matter.

SW Eyes

And yet guys swear to god that they catch just as many fish with the generator running as they do without. You will never be able to convince me of that.

A guy I’ve fished with for years swears by running his gas auger when fishing gets slow.

Whether it was a coincidence, or what have you, I’ve seen it appear to work. It’s also just running for a short period time then turned off. Not a constant hum like a generator.

I think it’s fair to theorize that the vibrations actually draw fish into the area to investigate. Especially in a big basin lake (which I typically fish) where you’re just intercepting roaming schools.

Who knows, just don’t think it can be written off as bad in every situation.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I think there are times noise works. Conversely, times when it doesn’t.

The Pro Bass guys run systems that create noise so I’m sure there is a time and place for it.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Catfish clonking works on ice. Shhhhh…you didn’t hear it from me.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.