First time North this year.

• matt

Had a pretty good night camping out on a lake I have never been to but have driven past often.Missed the evening primetime bite last night but managed to pick up one Walleye for the pan.This morning they were biting pretty good.Threw back 3 little Eyes,kept ome more for the pan along with a perch and a couple Pike I kept for a friend of mine.I also lost an extremly large fish,I’m assuming it was a pike but I never did catch a glimpse of it.It amazes me how a fish manages to come unbuttoned from a very large jigging Rapala with all of the hooks,the same hooks that allways seem to find my coat,or the skirt of the otter.Oh well,I surely enjoyed my time spent caught some fish and I will be back to try again.I love new lakes and all of the possibilities,I could go for weeks and still not run out of places Id like to scope out.Now Im heading to Red Lake for the first time in a couple years,that should be fun as well.

Attachments:
    1. 20150115_123305.jpg

Big2thpick
    NULL

Look at the belly on that Northern on the right! That must of been a fun fish to catch. Looks like you had a pretty decent night of fishing.

matt

It was a blast to get that pike,and I can only imagine the fight Id have had with the fish I lost sine I could tell it was way bigger.Yeah I insulated the tub of my otter threw a sleeping bag over that then a couple blankets and I was good,too warm actually.Its kinda like a snooze in a recliner tho,I couldnt sprawl out much.I am going to work on something different for next time,I have a few ideas.I just want it all quick to remove when not needed.Red was fun fished for a few hours Thursday evening then from about 11a.m-7p.m Friday.Heres some fish from Red.

Attachments:
    1. 20150115_195327.jpg

2. 20150116_192448.jpg

Gary buxton

The one on the right looks like a hog

matt

Biggest was about 14-1/4″.My buddies stayed up another day,i have not heard if they did good tho.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.