First time cass lake

• slimmer157

Hi guys, I’m heading to cass lake and camping with the family mid July. I’m looking for some walleye advice. Can you catch walleye during high sun? Leeches and crawers good or do i need minnows or plastics?. What time of the night does the night trolling start producing and what depth. I’ll post how it goes. I’m hoping the muskies cooperate also!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My college roommate guides Cass out of Stony Point. He tells me that the water is super clear and you can catch eyes during the day but its best to make long casts at the fish and not troll or drift over them.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Hi guys, I’m heading to cass lake and camping with the family mid July. I’m looking for some walleye advice. Can you catch <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye during high sun? Leeches and crawers good or do i need minnows or plastics?. What time of the night does the night trolling start producing and what depth. I’ll post how it goes. I’m hoping the muskies cooperate also!

How did your trip to Cass go? Thinking of taking my kid up camping this weekend and it would be my first time on Cass. Any pointers? Trolling is our go-to. Eyes, pike, whatever. We like night fishing so the clear water shouldn’t be any big deal. We’ll probably spend a good chunk of the daylight hiking around Star Island and casting at Windigo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.