First time

• rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Headed to Mille lacs for the first time Friday. How has travel been off the plowed roads? I strongly dislike fishing in groups. That being said I’m only brining my pickup so how’s my travel going to be?
    Any tips? I don’t need your secret spot, I can find fish, just curious if there’s any tricks I haven’t found out already! Going to stay mobile and keep moving till we find fish!

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Offroad travel has been doable but be sure to bring a shovel, just in case.

Same old story for locations: bottom of the break during the day and top of the break at low-light. I’d hit up a resort and head for the flats. The fish will be roaming at the base of the flats in 28-32 during the day, and then come up to where the break meets the top of the flat and feed in 20-24 at low-light.

That’s my mid-winter routine.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Offroad travel has been doable but be sure to bring a shovel, just in case.

Same old story for locations: bottom of the break during the day and top of the break at low-light. I’d hit up a resort and head for the flats. The fish will be roaming at the base of the flats in 28-32 during the day, and then come up to where the break meets the top of the flat and feed in 20-24 at low-light.

That’s my mid-winter routine.

Thanks, that’s my plan, going to see if I can make it to 8 mile. Hopefully get away from everyone else!

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Randy’s has a road to 8-mile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.