First open water bass

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here I am dreaming again and planning for open water. I’ll likely start out throwing a 1 5/8″ Baby Threadfin Bomber Square A but feeling my first real bass will come on a 3″ Green Pumpkin Chigger Craw on a 1/8 oz. Melon 2/0 Fin-Tech TitleShot jig. Not sure I’d change my choice if it I were targeting LM or SM. Anybody else have their favorites tied on already?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Long, long wait, but if it’s breezy, I’ll start with a swim jig. If not, Yum Dinger. Color = TBD

Which reminds me that I need to do a little inventory. )

Big2thpick
    NULL

I am going to guarantee that my first Bass of the open water season will come on a texas rigged Senko with a 1/16 tungsten nose weight, most likely blue or white sparkle.

I love ice fishing, but I am really looking forward to some open water.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Anybody else have their favorites tied on already?

Tied and possibly still wet. yay

Presidents Day monday. I need to get out in a boat or a canoe yay

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Dahlberg Diver. I’ll be fly fishing!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Being that we can legally fish for Bass on the Walleye opener date this year ( May 9th I believe – Catch and release for 2 weeks prior to real opener ) I most likely will Catch my 1st bass of the season on either a rattletrap or a weighless stick worm or Ringfry. If I get down to the River Prior to May 9th it most likely will be on either a swim Jig or a jig and Pig

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Never fails each spring. Stop off at any of the holes I pitch blades or lipless cranks to and i pick up a few bass.

Starting to stock up again
    Will be on a blade or a lipless crank

Attachments:
    1. DSCN5483-1024x768.jpg

2. DSCN5488-1024x768.jpg

3. DSCN4674-1024x739.jpg

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

First open water bass will probably come on a Cubby Mini-Mite or T.H.E. Jig below a bobber, maybe with a minnow but probably not.

When the season opens only God knows what I might be throwing to get the 1st one. My panfish lure collection isn’t nearly what my bass collection is and we never know this far in advance what the water temps and weather will be like.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.