First ever, for me

• Umy
    South Metro

Got my first ever double. Definitely a weird feeling on the end of the line til I saw what was happening.
    I’m sure the person up on their deck reading/working heard my laughter. Talk about gung ho fish!
    Pretty good time. Caught lots of 2.5-3.45 ers this morning in 70 degree water on the lake I was on. EVERY ONE came from the shade on the side of the dock in about 2.5 FOW.
    Nothing deep and nothing on my jig w creature, my topwaters or my NEKO rig worm fished under the docks. ALL on my Hybrid hunter ( again). THat thing is GOLD for me right now

Attachments:
    1. Hybrid-Hunter-jr-5.jpg

2. Double-1.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

Picture loading SUCKS on this site.

Attachments:
    1. Hybrid-Hunter-jr-4.jpg

2. Double.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

HA nice! I’ve had it happen a few times with cranks and jerkbaits. Always a fun surprise.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have never experienced it before. Hopefully it’ll happen, that looks awesome

MX1825

I’ve only had it happen with a double jig setup with white bass. 2 ND DL whites on light tackle is a hoot. grin

Baitwaster
    South metro

Had my double –

I dont think this makes me a fully vested member of the club. Probably still on double secret probation or something….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180808_081452253-scaled.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Had it occur in the river once with two 12 inch smallmouth on a topwater.

Umy
    South Metro

How are those things hooked baitwaster?!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

First time was in the early 2000’s just down stream of Prescot. Anchored, I tossed my favorite shad rap out over a wing dam. They didn’t act like a normal fish as they were coming to the boat, but what a fight!!

I have to admit, I was surprised to see two bass, one on the forward hook and one on the trailing hook. A bit disappointed too..I would of been happier with one big bass.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Always cool, had a buddy that caught two walleyes on a chubby darter on LOW once.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Nice Umy! I was literally just thinking the other day about the only double I’ve ever had, using some jerk baits for a Take a Vet Fishing Event. 3 of us in the boat and I say “Got one….” followed shortly by “got………two?”

Baitwaster
    South metro

How are those things hooked baitwaster?!

Carefully…

Must have ran into a school of the little beasts. Feeding frenzy that bit anything. Had red hooks.

robby
    Quad Cities

This is a fun deal. Love it when the smallies are hunting in packs and try to take the bait away from eachother. Fun to watch in clear water also.

tim hurley

Have had it happen-pretty cool

If you have ever had an aquarium with bass you could see how this would happen, you drop a few minnows in the tank and one grabs it and swims around, looks like its smoking a cigar! The other bass instead of chasing another minnow chases the other bass and tries and sometimes succeeds in pulling it out of the other bass’s mouth-so if its a crank both would get hooked.

Umy
    South Metro

Love hearing the stories- thanks guys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.