First day on the ice with mega live

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

So..yeah, it’s pretty cool.

Iowaboy1

A little trigger happy with the submit button?
    I remember a time in the back of my 8 year old 68 chevelle SS, me and this young gal…..
    Never mind,,it had a a 375 HP 396 with a 375 turbo trans and 3:73 gears in the rear.

She had,,uh,er,ahem, fold back teeth and pistol grip ears.

Corey sunderman

It got a bad wrap for awhile right when it came out. After watching some videos Im impressed. Big bonus for me is having the lake master mapping with it.

Whateverbites

This will be my 4th season with Livescope. The knowledge you gain with forward view sonar is amazing (Garmin, Lowrance & Hummingbird all have it now).

I fish a small shallow low pressured crappie Hotspot. A friend and I drilled out the entire lake and never marked a fish with traditional 2d sonar. Came back the next year with livescope, would find small pods of fish and drill right on top of them, go to fish them and they were gone, scared off by auger. A new forward view scan would show the same school 10-20′ away. Repeat the drill over them, they again again scare off. But the 3rd time finding the same pod and drilling over them they would get use to the auger and stick around and bite. I’ve seen this exact behavior several outings since. With 2d you are completely blind to them, you can drill hundreds of holes and not see a fish, when in fact they are hiding just outside of the cone angle. Suspended crappie just can’t hide with forward view.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.