Finn Hunting Camp Multiple Choice Question

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Seeing the hunting season is now upon us my cousin presented a post dinner multiple choice question for us this evening.

It’s a good hot sauna when:
    A) You get a good sweat going.
    B) You need to take a break.
    C) Your privates stick to the sap on the bench dripping from the rough cut pine ceiling.
    D) All of the above.

Note: Those of us with Finnish heritage know the answer.

big_g
    Isle, MN

what… no Finn’s wanna touch this one…? said the German crazy doah

Timmy

Well I can tell you it sure as heck isn’t “C”. No Finn worth his salt would ever, and I mean ever, put rough sawed PINE in a sauna interior. Ever. If there is pine on the ceiling, the sauna was probably built by a pollack or a dego…..but surely not by a person with an ounce of Finn in them. They should be kicked square in the balls for such a grievous offense, to be honest.

As far as getting a good sweat going…….no sh1t, eh? It’s a freaking sauna for crying out loud.

Therefore tha only possible answer is b. coffee coffee

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I can’t vouch for the choice of wood or where it came from. Self respecting or not, it certainly doesn’t stop us from using it.

My father might have said something along the lines: “It’ll grow hair on your chest”. In this case, maybe tear some hair off.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Finnlanders. There’s no explaining them.

Here’s the thing. This idea of sitting in a Finnlander dry sauna bathing in your own sweat. I don’t get it.

I want steam, steam, and more steam. I don’t want to be able to see the end of my nose, I want it so foggy. Which is a long way of saying, I want a steam room not a sauna.

Which brings me to the choice of woods. As everyone of proper Eastern European lineage knows, one puts beautiful tile in a steam bath. Wood? It’s great for burning to get the steam.

Grouse

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sauna’s I have seen are Cedar I believe… either way, no sap please !!! doah

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I want steam, steam, and more steam. I don’t want to be able to see the end of my nose, I want it so foggy. Which is a long way of saying, I want a steam room not a sauna.

I believe the words you are looking for are: Heittää Löylyä! And… It is a dry steam.

NowthenJoe

Cedar is traditionally what sauna is built with. Preferably clear cedar on benches.

Speaking of sauna, I better go stoke the stove.

-Joe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.