Finely i got a diesel truck.

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Been searching a long time for one. Now I’m not going to be getting into a dodge ford chevy thing here. But I will say I was searching for a ford f350 early 2000 to 2003 with the 7.3. I new there problems but I went through the generations of ford diesels for work and the 7.3 always brings me back. The potential power and that sound it has. I ended up with a 2002 extended cab long box lariate. Had to drive a small suv for a while now I’m I heaven so to speak. Different topic but life got in the way of fishing for me this year.

deertracker

Congrats! The 7.3 had issues? I always thought those were known for being rock solid?
    DT

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Congrats. My 2 cents of advice is keep some diesel additive in the truck and add at each fill up. Some terrible fuel out there.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

To those that have went different ways. I respect you and never felt otherwise. Your great people. Life takes us in weird ways. You guys have a heart that i see.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Dutchboy i will do that thanks. I’ll have to refresh my self on past conversations.

That power they have is astounding. You can feel it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My 7.3 was a one ton duelly 4 x 4. I swear I could pull a building off the foundation with that thing. Only got 10 mpg either empty or loaded but power was never a problem.

Enjoy the truck. waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My 97 f250 4 door long box is missed more then any truck I ever owned. The 7.3 was a beauty

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I can smell it from here! congrats! lol

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

In about a year from now you’ll look back and wonder why you ever owned a gasser jester

Congrats on the new to you truck

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Congrats on the truck I have a 2003 7.3 Crew Cab Dually 4X4 Lariat last year they used the 7.3. This new low Sulphur fuel is hard on the 7.3 injectors as mentioned use an additive all the time. I average around 19 mpg empty and around 14 pulling the horse trailer boat is just a tad more. I do not feel that is bad for this size truck, being a dually it like being on rails know matter how windy it gets.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Thanks guys. I gotta laugh at myself. I always complained about these newer trucks how big the truck beds are and how hard it is to get in them and get tools out.
    Well this truck has an extra spring in the back. Top of the tailgate sits about even with my shoulders. Its kinda tough getting a 100 pound propane tank in the bed by myself. Has a nice look sitting higher in the back though.
    That 7.3 just relaxes me purring down the road at 70 pulling the bobcat.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Loved those 7.3’s, last of the medium duty engines. Emissions has really hurt the diesels in recent years more so than gas, it’s too bad, just when they were starting to get some good power out of them emissions killed off the longevity. Should be a good truck and last a long time…..I was thinking of looking for one of them but they are hard to find.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.