Favorite walleye jig

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

If you could only pick one, what is your favorite size, color, weight, make/model of a jig for vertical jigging with a minnow(fat head or chub).

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Any size as long as it’s firetiger.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

1/4oz Northland Fireball in the parrot color

Jonesy

chartreuse odd ball or nuckle ball jig in what ever size is appropriate for the conditions (usually 1/8 or 1/4)

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I’ve had a lot of success with the B-Fish-N precision jigs and plastics. When using plastics I just use the unpainted jig. I love that they have 3/16 and 5/16 size options. Sometimes just a little weight change makes a big difference.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Unpainted teardrop (same as the precision jig) jig for me. There are a few times a year where a bright colored jig seems to help, but that’s the small majority of the time for me.

404 ERROR
    MN

Hutch’s painted jigs in 1/16-3/8, depending on conditions. I’ve tried all sorts of jigs and for the price, Hutch’s work just as well as some other, more expensive options. B-Fish-N is a good second. I tend to prefer the black with painted eye for B-Fish-N and the black and purple for Hutch’s.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I like the Do-It teardrop head with a keeper wire. Weight depends on water conditions. Purple is maybe my best color followed by un-painted. I carry colors should the need arise….can’t fish them if they aren’t along. I am partial to plastic.

Trumar makes a seriously dynamite bucktail…lots of sizes and color patterns.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Northland Mimic Minnow head for vertical jigging….. Tear drop for pitching

chris
    northern Illinois

I’m pretty new to the walleye and jig game but I love making and painting jigs, I make round head, tear drop, pony head and made a bunch of flathead jigs but sold the mold. So far I like the flathead jigs in 3/8 as that’s what I’ve used most and caught fish on but plan to step up on using jigs since I can make them for penny’s and enjoy doing it.

Chandler Husbye
    Michigan Upper Peninsula (Bay de Noc area)

Moonshine shiver minnow! Anything in the say clown on it. Fish the bottom hook with a minnow head or full minnow.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

On LOTW – anything as long as its a gold frosty. waytogo

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

mimic minnows

Me neither, but the heads are awesome. Found some at Fleet Farm years ago on clearance and things were awesome. They always stick those plastic bodies on them now. Less snaggy and had a good wobble to them in current.

Where does a guy buy just the heads? And not those slurp ones, not the same.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.