Favorite search bait for cabbage

• Whateverbites

I found a small, very clearm sand bottom lake. It is probably 50% healthy cabbage. I got a few off of obvious spots with a bluegill I looking swim jig, what do others like to use to cover a lot of cabbage the weed growth is for 4-18 fow.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

lipless baits and spinner baits for active fish.

munchy
    NULL

The last couple years I have really gotten into dropshotting on the edges and pockets. I have adapted a speed dropshot technique that covers a lot of ground by just pitching a few feet in front of the boat, holding it there for a few seconds until the boat starts going over it then repeat. Works great for the deeper edges.

But Texas rigged worms drug through the middle work well also.

FryDog62

Keitech swimbait, screwlock 4/0 swimbait weighted hook 1/4-3/8 oz to get down into the deeper pockets. Stays horizontal on the drop with the tail fluttering on the way down.

Sam
    St.Francis

Either a keitech or yamamoto hearttail swimbait or any lipless crank

tim hurley

Fry or Sam, is their a color of the Keitech that you like-fishing tips for swim baits?—thanks

FryDog62

Bluegill flash for largemouth… pretty much any silver/white flash for smallmouth/walleye…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Strike King Rage Swimmer on a swim bait hook. Slays in cabbage and running it through grass.

Whateverbites

Thanks everyone, I tried the Keitech swim bait with a spinner blade, I love the action of the lure (apparently the hammer handles do too) but I think it will make for a great search bait. I think I will continue the swim jig as well.

thanks.

sculpin

Have your tried a Storm Mag Wart? Great action and fish triggering qualities, and they “bounce” off deep weeds pretty well.

Whateverbites

I haven’t tried a storm mag wart, does it avoid hang ups better then a DT-14?

sculpin

The DTs are great baits…but you have to keep them away from weeds. Mag Warts have a square bill and are really buoyant. When you plow into some weeds a Mag Wart will often float out if you pause your retrieve. I usually work the bait by pulling the rod side ways and then reeling up the slack.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.