Favorite Outdoor Patios/Bars?

• 311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Looking to be a nice weekend so I am looking for some new ideas on fun/scenic outdoor patios/bars to take a date to hang out, relax, and enjoy a cold beverage or two.

Been to places like Lord Fletcher’s which I enjoy, but looking to try something new/different around town. It’s always nice being by water, but doesn’t necessarily need to be. Will be driving from the NW metro, but really open to anything.

I will add that a winery would also be of interest.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Grumpy minnow on rush is a good go to and close to you. Then you have flickabirds just down the road. Pull the boat up to both and sit over the lake

Charles

If your at flickabirds, you might see Joe Mauer since his cabin is around the area.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If your at flickabirds, you might see Joe Mauer since his cabin is around the area.

I personally asked him if he has a cabin in the area and he said it wasn’t his. It was his family’s property.

Whether or not he actually stays there I didn’t ask.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m there quiet often never seen him. But I guess I wouldn’t care much if I did.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you end up in that area I’ll buy you a cold one.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Waconia, Lola’s on the Lake is a great spot right on the water, and there are like 3 wineries nearby to checkout as well.

Charlie’s on Prior is good, similar to Fletcher’s or Maynards on Tonka imo.

Birch’s on the Lake has been highly recommended by a couple people, but we haven’t made it there yet.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There’s a number of wineries in the Red Wing area.

The Harbor bar has a great river view. You’re on the river.

Bayside Tap and Grill is another one with a great view of Bay Point Marina and Launch. Go up the stairs on the left side of the building. (not too good for a river view though)

If it’s nice out, I would arrive earlier then a meal period. They both are full then.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

PS Both have Hamm’s in stock.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

A few good options if you want to hang out in the city:

Moto-i in uptown has a great rooftop and good food if you like Asian stuff. Awesome ramen and really good pork sticky buns (leave the comments on this one alone @tangler and @butthurt).

Pat’s tap in South Minneapolis has a good patio – Hola Arepa is right across the street and is also great.

SandCastle on Lake Nokomis is a great spot – beer and wine only but they always have a local brewery there on weekends. Very good food, too. Sea Salt in Minnehaha Park is good, too, but I prefer Sand Castle’s food.

Also some good spots in the St Anthony Main area just on the east side of the river in downtown. Tuggs is a good burger spot but there are a few other great spots.

tangler
    Inactive

Pat’s tap in South Minneapolis has a good patio – Hola Arepa is right across the street and is also great.

Not to mention old school skeeball!

Deuces

Pycho Suzie’s NE Mpls.

If you see a guy trying to wakesurf off a 19′ crestliner wave me down wave

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you are ever in the Sarasota to Bradenton to St Pete to Clearwater to Tampa areas I can send you a nice list.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

Pats used to be my old hangout when i lived over that way. Haven’t been there in a few years. surprised to see it mentioned here. Good beer selection

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tangler wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

Pats used to be my old hangout when i lived over that way. Haven’t been there in a few years. surprised to see it mentioned here. Good beer selection

Only a few of us city kids on this site but I’ll rep 612 for us.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Maynards in Excelsior
    COV in Wayzata
    PD Paddys in Stillwater
    Charlies on Prior Lake
    Hudson and Prescott have a bunch

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Depending on how nw your are in the nw metro check out rock woods In otsego. Not on a lake but a good patio

KP
    Hudson, WI

For Patios Hudson really only has Pier 500, and Malory’s rooftop. The new Hudson Tap is a lot of fun.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.