Favorite Odd/Unusual Christmas Tradition?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If nothing else this thread shows traditions are still important to some. Carry them on, pass them on.

Another thing mentioned is the lack of money in our youth. Our parents must have done something right because the economy is stronger and there is more money available then when we were kids. Either that or we don’t mind putting hundreds if not thousands onto credit cards which I don’t think dad ever had.

Have a blessed and happy Christmas season and stay safe.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Silently say a prayer every Christmas Eve for an unknown family I helped years ago. All I know about them was he picked his kids up and was heading home. Drunk Driver crossed a center line and hit them head on. He was driven into the steering wheel so hard it literally ripped his face off and his s split jaw was just hanging. I held his head together until responders arrived. It was more unfortunate when another person stopped and shined their headlights into his car. His kids were fine, but saw him torn apart and me holding him and compressing his wounds. They were in shock as you can imagine. I called up to icu and followed them for awhile. Never got his name, didn’t want to know. Just hoped the kids were all going to be ok. Every year I think of those kids and how close they almost lost their dad

Sharon
    SE Metro

I love reading through these and seeing everyone’s stories and traditions! Keep them coming!

Last night I made a Lego gingerbread kit that contained 499 pieces! Took me about 2.5 hours, but it was really fun and a great way to spend an evening while gabbing on the phone with a close friend. I’ve always enjoyed building with Legos and still have my big box of Lego pieces/kits from when I was a kid. My nephews are Lego professionals and are probably laughing that it took Auntie 2.5 hours to build this – I imagine they’d have it completed in less than 30 minutes. roll

Attachments:
    1. Lego-Gingerbread-House.jpg

2. Ginger-with-a-Lego-Gingerbread-House.jpg

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I love reading through these and seeing everyone’s stories and traditions! Keep them coming!

Last night I made a Lego gingerbread kit that contained 499 pieces! Took me about 2.5 hours, but it was really fun and a great way to spend an evening while gabbing on the phone with a close friend. I’ve always enjoyed building with Legos and still have my big box of Lego pieces/kits from when I was a kid. My nephews are Lego professionals and are probably laughing that it took Auntie 2.5 hours to build this – I imagine they’d have it completed in less than 30 minutes. roll

Love it, and love to see the smile!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

December 23rd will be my Grandpa’s 78th birthday. Every year, for as long as I can remember, we’ve had Christmas with that side of the family on that day. My Grandma’s brother comes in from Washington State with fresh seafood. Crab legs, Scallops, Flounder, Shrimp, etc. We chow and put ourselves in food coma’s, then open gifts. Unfortunately, I don’t think its going to happen this year… cry

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.