Favorite New Ice Plastic

• Bryan Myers

Plastics have been my go to for years when chasing pan fish. Over the years I have used a lot of different styles, colors and manufactures. I have some I really like and some I never really had any real success with. With so many different companies putting out micro plastics I got to wondering what everyone else’s favorite new plastic of they year is for them.

For me mine has been the Trigger X Luv Bug in black and the Probe worm. I like that the plastic is soft enough to really move well in the water but not so soft I have to replace it after just a couple fish.

Attachments:
    1. crappie-probe-worm.jpg

2. Brians-face.jpg

3. gill-luv-bug.jpg

Keith Kadinger

The black luv bug brought this 14 3/4 beaut topside. Crappies have had little to no hesitation on chopping down when they see this lure in their area!

Attachments:
    1. Snapchat-257578661.jpg

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Panfish Plastics chigger fry is my go to

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

I make my own and have had pretty good luck with this one so far this winter

Attachments:
    1. IMG952739.jpg

Slabhunter

The Trigger X Boot Tail Minnow 1.5″ in Black/Pearl has been hot for me this year…I also like the Clam Maki Minnow in Red. Good Plastics and Tungsten has been a game changer for me last 2 years.

Jeff Schomaker

Northland Mosquitos larva has been my go to this year! In either black or white with either a black or Pink tungsten. Never used live bait for panfish this year and had my best yet! Very subtle action but the crappies and Big gills destroy them.

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

Panfish Plastics chigger fry are my favorites. I live 5 miles from them and just got to try out new colors that have not been on their web site. I have not used live bait for 5 years I use them on 1/32 to 1/64 oz Gill Getter jigs. When it sunny I use darker colors and when it is cloudy I use lighter colored chigger fry

curleytail

I started the plastics game with Little Atom plastics and really haven’t deviated from them. 95 percent of the time it’s a micro nuggie. Sometimes a regular Nuggie. For finicky fish sometimes a piece of the Wedgie.

To me they offer a good balance of movement and durability at a good price. I did use some mustache worms and broke one of the legs off them as well. They worked well too.

I never need live bait for crappies. Now and then I’ll get some live bait for very finicky large bluegills, but crappies tend to be very willing to gobble the plastics up for me. Not having to stop for or keep live bait alive is VERY nice!

Tucker

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Mike who owns Panfish Plastics is a plastics molding wizard. I’m stunned year after year how he comes out with new colors that you can’t even imagine. The chigger fry profile has been a huge success for the company and we’re now trying to come out with another profile that can rival it.

Tyler Warner

The Northland water flea has produced well for me this season

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.