Favorite Chip for HDS 5 Gen 1?

• Ryne Jackson
    Kansas

Does anyone have a favorite (or recommended) mapping chip for this unit? I’m thinking about HotMaps Platinum.

Thanks, in advance.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I prefer the insights chips for lowrance products. Navionics seemed to be the least accurate.

Ryne Jackson
    Kansas

Thanks, Biggill. Do you have the nautic or lake insight HD by chance? I have hot maps premium on another unit and like it pretty well. I like the way the contour lines are laid out.

sktrwx2200

Pretty sure I got a Insight HD that I could sell you Ryne. I dont run the lowrance anymore……… let me know if your interested. im sure I could did it up.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I prefer the insights chips for lowrance products. Navionics seemed to be the least accurate.

That may well depend on what series you are comparing. The Navionics platinum series shows much more data than their premium series.

I have been happy with the platinum chip, but I will admit that I have not compared it to other products, with the exception of the premium series chip.

Ryne Jackson
    Kansas

Pretty sure I got a Insight HD that I could sell you Ryne. I dont run the lowrance anymore……… let me know if your interested. im sure I could did it up.

Thanks for that. I’ll keep that in mind. What version and region is the chip?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Navionics+ or Hotmaps Platinum will work in your sonar. Nav+ is a non region specific card it covers all of US and Canada on one card with Nautical Charts which is whats found on Hotmaps Premium which is no longer available. What these 2 map cards give you is the High Def SonarChart layer on Nav+ you download the SonarChart layer to the area you fish, it comes preloaded on the regional Hotmaps Platinum. I have used both Insight and Navionics, Navionics covers more areas with better detail. You can preview Navionics lake maps online at https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en when you zoom in click on the sonar icon on the lower left fro the SonarChart layer.

Ryne Jackson
    Kansas

Thanks a lot for the response, Kirt. I definitely appreciate your advice. Those will likely be the two I pick from. I see Nav+ is on sale right now too. Sweet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.