Farm Island Ice

• JFan02

Looking to come up next Sunday. Just curious about ice thickness. Also is the access in the SW corner good for the winter as well?

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Right now I don’t think you could even walk on it. It is a fairly big lake and you can hardly walk on little lakes. I think it will be fine next weekend the 1st or so, but people aren’t really fishing on the small lakes in the area. Pleas be safe out there and check the ice every 5 yards even lakes in the area have sever changes in thickness from a couple feet. I punched one hole that was 5 inches and literally took 4 more steps and 2.5 inches it was cracking under my feet. So please please be careful. I feel like you will be fine by that weekend. good luck tight lines!!

JFan02

Allan,
    Thanks for the reply! Picks, spud bar and rope will definitely be in use. We won’t be up until the 3rd so I am hoping for more cold too!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There where guys fishing Hanson off of 47 up there yesterday. Walking out.

Mtw88

So you ever make it to farm? How much ice? Any fish bitting? Thinking of heading up this weekend

JFan02

We decided not to fish farm and went out on the pond out of Hunter’s Point. We did well there with 10 fish for the day. All between 12-17″. We were in about 30-35 feet where we found the fish. We decided not to go to Farm Island becasue we weren’t as comfortable with fishing a lake we didnt’ know very well with the goofy weather this year.

Mtw88

Yea I can’t blame you their.. Farm can be a tough one to figure out..Thanks for the response

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.