This year we are taking my (extended) family vacation the 6-13th of August on Leech. We are staying at Anderson’s on the north west side of the lake. We will be in the northern portion of Steamboat Bay. There will be 22 people there from my parents (70+) to 2 year olds.
My Brother–Catchin’ Whopper– and I are bass fisherman by trade and will have our boat up there–20′ bass boat–and will be renting a pontoon. Basically we are being ask to lead the way in fish catching.
We are interested in putting the 9 kids under 10 years old on fish (sunnies, crappies, perch—basically anything) and I would like to get my parents on some walleye.
We are looking at getting a guide for the early portion of the week to help put us on fish and what we should be doing.
My question/asks for you is:
• Are there any techniques that we should be looking at for walleyes this time of the year around where we are staying?
• Is live bait needed or can we get by with crank baits or Gulp!?
• Is there anything we should have for walleye fishing up there? (jig heads, bottom bouncers, harnesses, slip bobbers)
o We went up to Vermillion a few years back and got a mess of walleye with help using the tips from this site along with getting some gear to catch the walleyes
• Any areas we should look at for panfish?
• Any good restaurants/attractions that we should hit up?
Thank you for the help!