Fall run on Lake Winnipeg

• tiller383

Planning a trip up there the 2nd week of October this fall. Any advice, certain areas?? Anything would be great!!

Staying in Selkirk.

Thanks

bigbeard

I’ve made that run before. 1/4 oz jig or smaller will work, depending on current location, tipped w/minnow works just fine. Bigger eye’s are usually just outside the mouth/lakeside, you will see plenty of boats anchored up. If you want number’s work the river. Boat launch will be a zoo so plan to get up early if you don’t want to wait in line for an hour plus. Good luck and repot back.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Been quite a few years since I have been up there and starting to get the itch to go again. First time a friend took me out who lives in Winnipeg. Barely got the boat on plane before he shut it down and said we fish here. I was like what the heck I am from the US we need to make a much longer run to get to good fishing jester Have fun you can catch the fish of a lifetime up there that time of year. Friend caught a 35″ walleye, wow!

tiller383

Where is the Best place to put in around there? Basically run the red river right up to the mouth??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.