Fall muskie fishing lake Minnetonka

• Ny
    N Metro

I am looking for some tips for fall muskie fishing on lake Minnetonka. I am not looking for anyone’s specific spots just some general areas and a place to start. I mainly fish the north parts of the lake going out of grays, maxwell, or north arm. Thanks!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am far from an expert but my best success has come out there at night time because the water is quite clear. If you can’t or don’t want to fish out there at night, try to target a cloudy or rainy day.

Ross Gunderson

Lots of guys slow roll big suckers at night.

Andrew Meyer

Crash the shallows when the water is between 65-58 degrees during the day. They seek warmer water and are bulking up for the turnover. Suckers at night is a good idea on the breaklines.

Remember, their optimal temp is about 65 degree water. Find where the water is nearest that temp, and they’ll be there. A lot of guys fish single-hook spinners in bullrushes and do long casting on the sand flats this time of year.

During turnover, forget it. When the water is between 58-48, you’re better off duck hunting or scouting for deer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.