Hair jigs?

• rainman2
    metro area

How many of you use hair jigs for walleyes? Do you use them a lot or just every once in a while? Are they good to use in lakes as well as rivers? Thanks.

Rainman

drew-evans
    rochester MN

i use hair jigs on the river all the time and do well, the fish i am holding in the pic near my user name and stuff was caught on a hair jig. i have not used them alot on lakes mostly because i did not need to but i did catch a 30″ on a small lake near Perm MN on a hair jig last summer.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I use them most of the time while walleye fishing, either plain or with meat. Caught my PB walleye on hair

Its really hard to beat hair jigs in my book ,but I love to jig.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Use them all the time on the river. I have caught many fish in the main lake (pepin) on hair even in the summer. In my opinion probably one of the most overlooked ways to consistently catch fish on the mississippi.

As far as in natural lakes, I have never really had any success for walleyes, but I haven’t had the patience to give it much of a shot-can’t keep the bass, pike, and panfish off of them

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Love them on the river. Vertical jigging or pitching. Black or Kelly green are great colors.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Hair and meat are my mainstay baits for winter time sauger and eyes.

saugeyeshaw
    Winona, Minnesota

These fish were all caught on heavy hair jigs tipped with a fat head. Pics are from last Saturday. I use hair jigs fall and spring and sometimes through the ice. I catch a lot of other species also, so it makes things quite interesting, but at least you get to see what your electronics are graphing for the most part. The ones I get come with a stinger hook and are sold at bait stores, not Fleet Farm.

saugeyeshaw
    Winona, Minnesota

BTW. I only seem to fish the river. I can consistently catch either walleye or sauger nearly year around and rarely get skunked, ice or open water. Not bragging, just have been fortunate to catch on to some good patterns that produce.

JimChellevold
    Wi, Crawford Cty

Use them thing almost 90% of the time do have good luck on them. I use different sizes. Sometimes just to stubborn to change to switch to something else

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Don’t leave home without them,a few years ago we were fishing Big Green lake for lake trout through the ice and just pounded em on killer jigs while the other shacks had very little luck, also on the Fox river and everywhere in between

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.