BIG STONE LAKE APRIL WALLEYE

• dahler55337

NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR TAKING APRIL WALLEYES ON BIG STONE. LAST YEAR WATER WAS VERY DIRTY LESS THAN 1′ CLARITY. TRIED JIGS CASTING AND VERTICAL, TROLLING CRANKS, VERY LITTLE SUCCESS. BIG STORM EVENING BEFORE AND TRIED BOTH END OF LAKES. AT LEAST IT WAS WARM. OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS. THANKS.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Welcome to IDO led…

I think you did everything correct, but you had mother nature throw you a curve ball…I have had success doing everything you mentioned. Pitching jigs, casting cranks, slip bobbers, and even trolling cranks. Stay confident in whatever presentation your doing and hopefully the weather will cooperate this season…

I have attached a few pictures of my Big Stone trips….Ignore the date on the camera…

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Who caught the “Golden Walleye”?
    How big was Brad’s walleye?
    Nice Pics!

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Ive been fishing Big Stone on or near the border opener for the past 5 years. To be honest 90% of the time we only fish at night and have had great success doing all the things you mentioned. Drive right thru your town on the way there 690. Thats about the time your getting off the lake.

bryon583
    lonsdale mn

Try planer boards in shallow, when the water is murkey with #5 shallow running raps we go up every year in april and kill them.

boos1906

Led welcome to the forum. Personally I’ve never fished big stone. However I would say you guys did everything right and unfortunately mother nature didn’t want to cooperate.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Who caught the “Golden Walleye”?

That thing is freakin huge

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’ve been going to Bigstone for 5 years as well.. Best luck jigging or pulling cranks.. and yes, dirty water,shallow. Never tried the night thing though,, would like to give it a shot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.