Crosslock Snaps?

• walleye4383
    Waterloo, IA

I picked up some crosslock snaps last night and was wondering when you use these with cranks do you snap them to the split ring on the crank? Or take the split ring off and snap directly to the eye on the crank.
    Thanks.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Snap directly to Split Ring

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Snapping directly to the split ring is very common and definitely works well. But for maximum “tuneability”, remove the split rings and snap to the nose. You can bend the nose down or flatten it out to create a much different wobble.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Direct to the “O” ring if I’m being lazy otherwise i remove the ring and attach direct to the lure for the best action.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

If your running superlines like Power Pro or Fireline, I strongly advise snapping directly to the lure and not the split ring.
    I have had to deal with the line getting caught up in the split ring way to many times and sooner or later, its going to happen at a really bad time!
    Now I always snip the split ring off and snap directly to the lure.

Boog

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Crossin Eyes,

Care to share where those big pig eyes in your avatar were caught? Nice picture, boy they are fat! I’m guessing Tobin or Erie.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks T.

Lake Erie, April 05 I think. The pic. is a little out of proportion because I had to shrink it so much, but they were very healthy. I’m really not that short and fat either!
    Not a word from you Kooty!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

I’m really not that short and fat either!
    Not a word from you Kooty!

Liar!!!

walleye4383
    Waterloo, IA

Thanks for the tips guys I plan to put them to use this weekend.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

You neither Wellman. In the words of Kooty, “I ain’t Scared. Wanna go a round with the Champ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.