rigging question

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

ok guys when do you use bottom bouncers 3 ways and even lindy rigs? whats the best way to decide what to use on any given day and what is the most commen rig to use? if any one want to add useing spinners and such that would be nice too.

these are all things that I am new to so any help would be nice.

thanks, Mike

catmando
    wis

This is what i do most of the time. Start the day rigging, casting to spots i know where their should be fish. Most of the time i come in quite with trolling motor and achor up. casting rigs 18” to 4ft. Slip sinker swivel leader hook color your choice. sometimes beads on hook. after awhile i start searching for more and bigger fish and to learn new areas, and bottom bounceing is the ticket, cover ground. most of the time i use a 3 way instead of a bottom bouncer. keep the line pretty vertical in the water. blade color silver, brass, and gold is hard to beat, for a start leader lenght anywhere from 4 to 10 ft. hope this helps DK.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Ilike to use 3 way when iam fishing water that is to deep for getting cranks down any otherway, like a channell edge or a bank with a deep drop off, or if you are trying to troll a spot where you need to be precise with your boat control.

Don Hanson

It does depend on what lake I am on but I will usually start out Lindy rigging. The type of bottom I am fishing also comes into play. If I am snagging up walking sinkers, I will switch to Bottom bouncers. When I run spinners, I will use a threeway rig. I will use sinkers anywhere from 3/8 up to 4 ounces. A good portion of the time I will run 1 ounce off the back rods and 2 ounce off the front. I like this method for covering water. I will runs speeds between .5 and 1.2mph.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.