Muddy Water Techniques

• Chris
    Rochester, MN

When the water is muddy, what techniques do you like to use to help you catch fish? I know large profile baits, bright colors, and noisy baits will help do the trick but are there other things a fisherman should think about?

I’m at work right now so please help me pass the time with something to read

Thanks!
    Chris

chappy
    Hastings, MN

If your talking Walleye’s…..I would think 3 way’s or Handlining might be a way to go according to Scott Stiel’s artical in the “Ask the Pro”section of the FLW website. I would go try handlining today, But someone named Crosby stick stole my gear!

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Chappy, you must not have hand lines. Is that why you don’t catch fish?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

A lot of time muddy water means higher flow. Move towards the shorelines and check out the current breaks and areas with less flow.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Not only walleye but any other species as well…thanks

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I know large profile baits, bright colors, and noisy baits will help do the trick but are there other things a fisherman should think about?

The above will all increase your chances. One other trick to add in to the equation that I learned in the past week is………..stay at home and just wait for the water to clean up

Muddy water walleyes are tough

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

When the water is muddy, what techniques do you like to use to help you catch fish? I know large profile baits, bright colors, and noisy baits will help do the trick but are there other things a fisherman should think about?

I normally would agree with the bright colors but, Rapala Black/Gold on a 3-way out produced Blue/Silver, Fire Tiger, Orange/Gold, Orange/White and Chart./White in muddy water Saturday.
    Just when a guy thinks he has things figured out hey

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

several sticks of dynamite and a large net

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.