Anyone else using the TT-10s or 15s

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I have been experimenting with these baits some this summer. Mostly the TT-10s as I don’t often fish 15 deeper than 15 feet. 100 feet of mono or 80 feet of braid seems to have these baits right in the strikezone. I have been running them as an inside run picking up a few cheater fish on a shortlead of 80 feet. They Run very true and have a little wider wobble than a shad rap which for some reason is putting a lot of fish in the boat this summer. I am gonna keep working with them see if they prove to be a good fall trolling bait. – QB

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Last summer the Trolls To Minnow 15 (TTM-15) in blue silver was dynamite for me up on Mille Lacs mid-summer. I’ve not tried the TT-10’s yet but the 15’s have proven themselves in my boat.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quintin, you may have come across a good indicator of the action the fish like on that body of water. Seems like each lake has that sweet spot of a wiggle or wobble that they prefer. Always good to know which baits best suit that for the tougher days

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

QB – how fast have you been trolling the TT’s? I’ve had my best luck with them trolling a bit on the slow side with 1.8 – 2.2 mph producing the best for me where I’ve used them. They’ll handle a faster trolling speed but I have yet to really get into the fish with them when I crank up the speed. This isn’t too much of a surprise since most bananana / minnow style baits like the TTMs always seem to have that sweet spot right around 2 MPH. I’m curious what you’ve been seeing with regards to speeds out there on the prairie.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I had luck last weekend with a TT 10 on my local lake.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

James we had it set right around that 2.0-2.2 speed that day. I have also noticed when we run these baits in the past around central Minnesota night trolling 1.7-1.8 is the magic speed.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Fleet Farm in Baxter/Brainerd had some on sale for cheap last week. I can always make more room in the box for crankbaits it seems.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Love the TT15s, Q! For some reason, I can’t get anything to go on the 10s, but 15s do work for me. My buddy in Kansas uses the 10s and does well. We use the 15s at McConaughy, in the canal, on other reservoirs…it really works. Narrowing down the color at times is our biggest challenge.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I’ve had decent luck with the 15s and 20s. They aren’t my go to bait, but they do seem to work pretty decent.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

They are not the first bait but when running multiple lines the 15 can be used as the inside rod to get down into the zone right behind the propwash and stay there. – QB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.