Lake Wisconsin

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

I had an opportunity to fish with my friend John Schultz who seems to get better as a fishing guide with each trip. I highly recommend booking him if you like to catch limits of fat saugers. Lets do it again soon John.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have fished with John and I totally agree !!!

Great Stick !!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I think the old parable says give a man a fish and he will eat for one meal. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a life time. Special thanks to John who has shown me the fantastic fishery on Lake Wisconsin and Joel Ballweg who has taught me some good tricks too. To think I’ve lived 40 minutes from Lake Wisconsin for 15 years and never bothered to fish it. Today I was that guy in the group who seems to catch everything when people were struggling all around. Without the benefit of my friends who are fishing guides I would have never figured it out. I managed another limit today in 3 hours. I’d also like to thank Dave Koonce who turned me on to BFishin Tackle. I met all of these good people right here on IDO and they are some of my best friends. My family is having a heck of fish fry tonight. I also found a 23.5 slot walleye and lost another big fish I didn’t get a look at. Tight lines and don’t winterize your boats yet. Not bad work for a humble catfisherman.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Very nice catch Kevin. I haven’t fished much on Lake Wisconsin either. Haven’t fished much at all since the end of May.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Since we’re such good friends, how come I didn’t get invited over for the fish fry?

By the way, now that you landed that new, great paying job, I think you’re first purchase should be a fillet knife. A good fillet knife will definitely work better for cleaning fish than that open ended box wrench!

All kidding aside, nice fish Kev!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

At least a 1″ and not that 9/16″.

Wait! Is that METRIC??

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I use the metric to smack them on the head with. I have 10 fillet knives. My favorite is the one pictured. It holds an edge better than the others. Last night I watched two 7 year olds demolish 5 big saugers in one sitting. I will need all the food I can get in coming years. I still remember trying to help Joel clean a pile of fish and watching him do 7 fish in the time it took me to do one. He was using an electric and had the nerve to criticize my fish cleaning skills. My house is very small and entertaining is well difficult. I promise to cook fish twice at Red Wing this year. I might even let Brian have a peice. I can cook some fish and nobody ever complains about it.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

We only complain when we don’t get any!

Those two twins of yours are gonna be hard to compete with in the coming years for sure though.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

As always, glad to have you in the boat any time. You fish hard, you fish in any weather, you rarely complain, and you make me look good. You are always welcome to my open seat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.