blade bait rod

• iowaeye

Ive been having an incredibly large amount of success as of late pitching 1/4 blades after i had a couple “aha” moments using them. Love love blades. Ive been throwing them on an xtreme 69mlxf and would like to stay with that action /w 6lb 832. Ive never thrown blades on a “lesser” rod and would like to not have to take jigs off the xtreme to use bladesso im curious as to if i were to just pick up say a 69mlxf mojo bass or the 69mxf(fishes in between a ml and m) elite tech smallmouth fenwick would i notice a drastic difference using blades with braid? Ive only thrown them an xtreme where you can feel a fish look at the bait so im not sure how much “sensitivity” is required for blades. I wasnt a fan of the avid due to the hook keeper. I would prefer the legend tournament 69mlxf but after they were d/c icant find them. I handeled the new 610and it felt off. Will i just be dissappointed with these and beg the girl to let me get another xtreme?st off.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

you have a PM

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I use a 69MLXF Mojo Bass and it seems to work just fine for pitching blades. I have used other croix 69MLXF rods with blades and honestly I didn’t feel too much of a difference.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have three rods I use for blades; all Quantum.
    EXC705 Casting 7’0″ Medium Fast 8 – 17 lb. Split EVA Fuji SK2
    SKS633F Spinning 6’3″ Med. / Light Moderate 4 – 8 lb. Split EVA Fuji VSS
    SKS694XF Spinning 6’9″ Medium X-Fast 6 – 14 lb. Split EVA Fuji VSS

iowaeye

Quote:

I use a 69MLXF Mojo Bass and it seems to work just fine for pitching blades. I have used other croix 69MLXF rods with blades and honestly I didn’t feel too much of a difference.

Thanks. There was really a night and day difference between the 69mlxf avid and the xtreme for pitching jigs and I really don’t want that same feeling with blades. Understandably there will be some but I don’t want it to be so drastic that I just put the rod down. I just bought 2 new jig rods for bass fishing and I’m not sure the girl would appreciate another xtreme. I can get the mojo new for 75$ at [censored] anyway. Any other input on the mojo of the fenwick 69mxf small mouth rod? I would be a lot happier with the legend tourney 69 but i just can’t find one.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Welcome to the curse of owning one extreme! If you thought there was a gap in the jig application,it only gets worse with pitching blades.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Quote:

Welcome to the curse of owning one extreme! If you thought there was a gap in the jig application,it only gets worse with pitching blades.

Geez Dean I was just getting ready to upgrade my 4 Mojo’s for 4 Avid’s Now I can feel my wallet getting alot lighter !!!!!

iowaeye

Quote:

Ha i have a couple of he the casting ones too. So what you are saying is this is not something to skimp on like a jig rod? Thinking about it, its something im going to be doing for years to come. Do you know much about the 610mlxf legend tourney dean? I would assume it will do a fantastic job for blades(much more so than a mojo or avid?) but just want reassurance. Those 20% off black friday sales are coming up quick!

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Quote:

Geez Dean I was just getting ready to upgrade my 4 Mojo’s for 4 Avid’s Now I can feel my wallet getting alot lighter !!!!!

Not a problem if you don’t have one !

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Quote:

Ha i have a couple of he the casting ones too. So what you are saying is this is not something to skimp on like a jig rod? Thinking about it, its something im going to be doing for years to come. Do you know much about the 610mlxf legend tourney dean? I would assume it will do a fantastic job for blades(much more so than a mojo or avid?) but just want reassurance. Those 20% off black friday sales are coming up quick!

I am the worst guy to get reassurance from ,in going down from a extreme.
    Especially for a blade rod. Wait till the budget works is my advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.