83 Year Old Favor?

• Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

A coworker of mine asked me where to go to take his 83 year old dad out walleye fishing, somewhere within a couple of hours from the Twin Cities MN. He also said he would probably want a guide, he wants to rent everything and just take his dad out. Any ideas? Thanks-

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Maybe think about a morning or afternoon launch on Mille lacs. They do a good job in making you comfortable. Hunters point would be a good choice.
    Just my$.02

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

How about a lauch trip out on Mille Lacs? Most resorts run a launch boat and a 4 hour trip will only set you back about $30 a person.

Nice big stable boat with a place to take a leak if needed! Just pick a nice day and go for it.

-J.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks guys! Keep ’em coming please. We talked about Mille as the obvious choice, but he asked ‘what else?’ I mentioned P2, and even Rainy or LOTW, apparently his wife is from up that way and it’s a bit too far. P4 may be good too? They did the Chip Flow for musky last year and got zero’d. Wonder if I can talk him into a nighttime flatty run?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

If he gets around well enough in a boat and has no problem casting, I’d suggest hooking up with MikeW on Pool 2. Lots of big fish will be consistently available starting mid-late May. You can find Mike right here on IDO.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Wait until a nice hot stretch and take him to Minnetonka. Anchoring by Big Island my be a nice option for him.

Mille Lacs on a launch or pontoon sounds like a nice option. Any guys running pontoons on the river?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Dustin Stewart or James Holst if he has time, Marty Haun, River Rat Randy, any of them would be a top choice for me.

Edited to add….. BK if he is into the dark side.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

What about the St Croix I would go with Turk he also does P4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.