External Battery Charger Suggestions

• Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

I saw a lot of people are using external battery chargers for their phones/equipment when they are in the field. I have a note 3 and the thing is a beast to charge and loves to pound battery. Does anybody have a brand they have had good luck with?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I just make sure the battery draining features on my phone are turned off when they are not needed. Wifi, GPS, Internet. Only turn them on when i’m using them, i do this whether in the field, fishing, or just on an average day. Sure does extend you batt life.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I bought a 12,000 MAH one off of eBay that can charge 2 devices at the same time. Mainly because we have kids and therefore keeping all the devices running requires is a major chore.

It’s great, but totally in excess of requirements for just cell phone batteries. It’s way bigger than what I really need, it will charge my phone from dead at least 4 times over.

My dad got a 5000 MAH one at a discount store. It works great, is about the size of one D battery, and will charge his phone 2 times at least. To me this is the perfect size for the day pack.

Grouse

Tom Holden
    MN

I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9BECAC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

25$, 10000MAH. 2 output ports. One for high output batteries (Razr Maxx, tablets etc.) and one for other batteries (iPhone etc.).

Last week I switched to a waterproof Samsung S5 phone which lets you swap batteries. I bought a couple extra batteries to throw in the pack. I might pick up one of the small D battery size chargers like Grouse pointed out.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Great Suggestions, I just really struggle in poor cell service areas, per any phone. One second I start with 4G and a 100% charge and the next the thing is beeping at me with low battery and no service!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.