Evinrude G2

Looking for feedback from those that OWN the new Evinrude G2. Likes, dislikes and how has the performance along with reliability been?

Thanks,

Kevin

Tyler Kalishek
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hey Kevin you can ask on BassBoatCentral also. There’s a lot of traffic on that site and are plenty of guys that own them on there. Keep in mind most of these will be on bass boats (most likely Rangers). You will also get a lot of feedback from people that have no experience with them. Good luck with your information search. I see Evinrude is running a 10 year warranty on this motor right now.

Tyler Kalishek
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hey Kevin, did you find any information that you were looking for on the new G2? I have heard that they have a foot pedal similar to a hotfoot but it doesn’t have any actual cables. You can use the foot pedal or the regular hand throttle which is pretty cool. Pretty sure it has true power steering, not hydraulic.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Looking for feedback from those that OWN the new Evinrude G2. Likes, dislikes and how has the performance along with reliability been?

Thanks,

Ordered a new 250HO G2 with my 2015 Ranger 620FS. To be honest, the largest motor I had previous was a Suzuki 115 tiller 4 stroke so it took some getting used to and I have nothing to compare from an experience standpoint yet, I am surprised at the gas mileage I get compared to others I run with. At a reasonable cruise speed I can get 3.8mpg, which with my 51 gallon gas tank I can run 37 mile into camp, run 3 days and back out on one tank. It starts fabulously, is relatively quiet, has a lot of torque (remember where I came from) and pushes the boat very nice. After the breakin period it sips 2 stroke oil, love the power steering. Have ran it 2 years without an issue. Biggest challenge was selecting the right prop and I am still debating that. Currently run a RX4 20P. I like the winterization feature as well, not having to change oil each year, Depending how you run, the 2 stroke oil vs the 4 stroke oil + filter seems like a wash. Rigging is super clean. I would definitely recommend but again with the caveat, it’s my first “big” outboard and wheel boat. I originally was interested in a Suzuki large 4 stroke but my dealer talked me out of it, no regrets for sure.

joe moenck

Very Happy with this motor, I am currently running a 250 HP G2 and the power is amazing, fuel efficiency/oil consumption is awesome, its quiet, a push of a button to winterize and most importantly I have a smile on my face every time I push the start button.

I liked not having to change oil, I loved my F150 Yammie also but this motor is just plain fun to drive!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.