Everson Griffen

• pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-standout-everson-griffen-being-evaluated-after-erratic-behavior/494267331/

If drive away from the house without a shirt on my wife better call the cops too!

So the guy who reported on scene #2 of this debacle in Minnetrista was forced to retract his story… And now another media outlet confirms that he was apprehended by police and had to he restrained to be transported to a hospital. So yes he was placed in police custody against his wishes, but no he wasn’t “arrested.” The team really wants to be sure you understand that detail.

Griffen’s problems sound pretty major. He’s either very mentally ill or on a PCP binge.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Griffen’s problems sound pretty major. He’s either very mentally ill or on a PCP binge.

Muscle juice also can have crazy effects, as well as a life full of concussions.

Who knows really anything at this point, except the eyes are starting to hit cranks at night woot

Karry Kyllo

Good grief Karry my padded room comment was extremely sarcastic, what do you think I am retar…. Oops I did it again.

As I said my mental health awareness is just fine, curious to how you know for CERTAIN this is an ACTUAL mental health issue?

I don’t know for certain that Everson has actual mental health issues but it really makes no difference. Mental health issues aren’t something to joke about.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This should lay to rest his mental state. Anyone who suggests that people are using mental illness as a crutch or an excuse for their actions needs a mental evaluation themselves.

Tiffany Griffen said she didn’t know what to do and that she wants her husband to get help, according to the report. She said that Everson is not on any medication but should be and that he hasn’t slept in days and may be delusional because of the lack of sleep. His wife told police there hasn’t been any comments about wanting to harm himself or others.

After completing the interview and leaving the scene, the Minnetrista officer got a call from Tiffany Griffen saying Everson had broken into the home of a teammate. A few minutes later she called again, saying that Griffen had climbed into the truck of a complete stranger, and that they were headed towards the Griffen home. Once on scene, officers approached Griffen, who was yelling about people who were trying to kill him, God and “777.” Police were able to settle Griffen down and get him into an ambulance so he could be evaluated at a hospital.

En route to the hospital, the ambulance encountered deer crossing the road. Griffen took that opportunity to jump out of the ambulance. Officers responded to the scene and found Griffen walking along the side of County Road 44 with his hands in the air. He told them he left the ambulance as he thought someone was going to shoot him, according to the report.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m glad he’s getting help before any harm happend to him or others… He has always come across as a very happy to be alive type of guy, just goes to show you how anybody can become a victim of mental illness…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m glad he’s getting help before any harm happend to him or others… He has always come across as a very happy to be alive type of guy, just goes to show you how anybody can become a victim of mental illness…

x2!! And a good reminder for all of us to ignore the rumor mill and wait until the truth comes out.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Everything I’ve ever heard second hand about the guy is that he has come ALONG way in his life, battled through and overcome a lot to become the man and father he is today. Football aside, I just hope he can get over this to continue to be the family man he needs to be for his wife and 3 kids.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Wow, that is a sad story. Imagine living in delusion that is your actual reality. And I mean sad for anyone with a mental illness.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.