Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while…

• Twins Guy
    NULL

In terms of tangible results this ice fishing season has been a tough one for me. More than a few skunk outings (chasing lakers on Burntside, walleyes in NW Wisconsin and metro pike with tip ups, to name a few). Basically if I depended on caught fish for sustenance I’d be starving this winter. Not for a lack of investment or effort-but maybe for having too much ambition and trying to tackle too many bodies of water and species. Success catching fish is not the only pathway to having fun on the ice but it sure does help. And in the absence of much success I was frankly questioning my time and financial investment in the winter sport. And then this happened…

29 x 17″ girth! (10.5-11# estimates from the online tables/calculators I’ve seen)
    Lest anyone second guess the size I have nothing to gain by fudging the data and I’m a decently big guy ~6’3″ for reference. I tried not to long arm the fish in pictures but I’m not a pro when it comes to catching or posing with big eyes. Quick measurements, a few pics and we let her go to swim and be caught another day.

I personally thanked my wife for letting me fish three days/evenings this last week and a couple of good buddies who played major roles in landing this fish. But wanted to thank my fishing heros James, Pat, Will, the whole IDO gang, Grant of Superior Angling, tha’ Wiebe, LakeForkGuy and all the IDO fisherman who have energized and inspired me this winter (when I’m not trolling this forum I watch youtube videos to pass time on the treadmill)!

Its amazing what one fish can do to change your perspective on an outing, the utility of tipups or even participation in ice fishing;)

Much luv
    Rich aka tg

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0311.png

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Whoa, that’s a beauty. Congrats. waytogo

Twins Guy
    NULL

Thanks Ralph! BTW I’m still styling those bearing buddy covers;)

munchy
    NULL

Nice job TG! waytogo

skfishing16

It’s been a tough season for me as well, but fish like that is the reason we keep up the pursuit. Nice Eye!!

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Awesome ‘eye, congrats! Bet it really refueled the fire.

huskerdu

Nice, big fish don’t come that often

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

The look on your face says it all, great fish!

I don’t ice fish but I have my share of skunk days on open water. It’s amazing how 1 big fish, or 1 solid day with some good numbers will stoke that fire right up.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks Ralph! BTW I’m still styling those bearing buddy covers;)

Ha! I totally forgot that was you. )

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Great fish toast

Funny, I bank up good YouTube stuff as well for the vertical climber. Makes the time go way faster watching fish being caught!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats! That is a great fish.

robby
    Quad Cities

That there is a Dilly! Congrats. Love your big smile, special moment. Thank you for sharing. Great to read good news.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Nice fish and nice release! Congrats!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.