Mantrap Lake

• musky18
    Long Prairie, Minnesota

Once I am back from Iraq, we are going to head up north for a short tour of lakes. We will be hitting Mille Lacs, Leech, Little Boy/Wabedo and finish up on Mantrap. Probably do this towards the end of Sept. Anyone got some advice on how to approach this lake at this time of year? Thanks in advance!!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I know nothing of the lake. But thank you for serving and protecting my freedoms.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I have a friend on the lake who would be glad to give you some advise. I know it is a great Northern, Crappie and Musky lake. Nothing to speak of for eye’s though…PM me if you would like his mobile phone #…Thank you for serving … RR

brunn
    Andover, MN

I spent a week up there 2 yrs ago, in early August and the fishing was great. I fish primarily bass, but the muskies weren’t hard to find. We saw several muskies in the 40 inch range, and boated 2 that measured 38 inches. I even had a muskie take a 12 inch bass while I was reeling it in! Despite all the bays, the lake isn’t that hard to get to know, but it is extremely clear. Focus on shoreline structure near steep drops and don’t be shy about checking out the shallow bays, especially areas that look ‘bassy’. If you drop me a PM, I’ve got a couple of specific locations where you may want to focus on.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

it’s a fun lake to fish, one of my favorite in the area. decent numbers of fish with a chance for a big one.

do you know the specific dates you’ll be up there?
    i’m usually in Park Rapids/Bemidji area every year for a week in mid-late September and i’d be happy to take you out.

i’m a recent Army vet myself, so it’d be my pleasure.
    pm me here or email: [email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.