Alexandria On Opener

• metromuskie
    Saint Paul

I am going to be in Alexandria during muskie opener. I have not been to Lobster or Miltona before. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one to try on opener? Are there any lures that I should use on those lakes?
    Opener is only a month away!

robkos
    Eagan, MN

I have fished both, but would lean toward Miltona. Start by keeping the baits on the small size and try everything. It all depends on water temp. It’s been a cold spring so who knows………

Bob Bowman
    MN

Both of those lake are late starters, meaning that opening weekend will be tough on those water. They typicall don’t fire up until July

haner

I would probably drive a little further to Detroit Lakes. If anything would hit Lobster instead of Miltona. Lobster has a lot more fish than Miltona. Plus they dont get speared on Lobster like they do on Miltona. After the ice out on Miltona, the few # of fish that are actually out there, there will be floaters with spear marks. How many more are on the bottom w/ spear marks??????

topraider101

Miltona is a tough lake early. Deep, cold & clear. Popular bucktail are double cow-girls from Muskie Mayhem.

metromuskie
    Saint Paul

Opener is only four days away! Any other suggestions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.