Nice fish guys

WTG Justin a very nice start, to what’s sure to become an obsession

jjondal
    Iowa

There’s 2 of my 40″, a 44″ a 47″, and the 51″ that is going on the wall
    My 13 year old cousin also had 2 40″s

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Well, Lake of the Woods continues to be good to me! The first fish is a whopping 30incher that bit my walleye crank only 15 minutes into the trip! What’s funny to me is that while walleyes are supposed to be the focus of this trip, I always throw something out there that I think a muskie might bite as well!

The second is a FAT 44incher that my nephew hooked into on day 3. He doesn’t have any handling experience so he had me hold the fish for the photo. I had to cradle it because it wouldn’t stop moving!! The fish girth wasn’t measured because I didn’t have my sewing tape but this one had to have been near 25lbs! Just a fatty! Oh yeah, and it was Chris’s first muskie ever.

live2cast
    waukesha,wi

42-1/2″ FATTY my pb caught in tomahawk WI,on lake alice 7-5 fish was released

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Sometime I have to give the walleyes a rest and chase some skis, we have a few lakes in Sodak with them in, but i just do not possess the patience at the moment. Nice fish fellas. – QB

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

congrats on the PB

Muskies in Sodack, I’ve never heard such a thing

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

This fella fell victim on Tonka a few weeks ago. The fish seemed to be out suspended but have found them crawling back up into the weeds. I was out on a few metro lakes including Tonka and Waconia and moved a good number of fish in the early evening. It was hot, so I bet after dark would have been the ticket but timing didn’t allow. DCGs, 6″ phantoms, dussas, and flatsticks have been producing the best.

From a few people I spoke with it sounds like they have been able to pick up a fair number of fish burning small bucktails over shallow sand and inside weedlines. Also, If anybody is heading up to Leech, I would really check out the shallow sand bite. Also don’t be afraid to troll some cabbage edges with the Flatsticks or Jakes etc. Experiment with the speed and don’t forget huge rips and pauses.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

42-1/2″ FATTY my pb caught in tomahawk WI,on lake alice 7-5 fish was released

That fish is eating well!!! Nice catch!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

This fella fell victim on Tonka a few weeks ago. The fish seemed to be out suspended but have found them crawling back up into the weeds. I was out on a few metro lakes including Tonka and Waconia and moved a good number of fish in the early evening. It was hot, so I bet after dark would have been the ticket but timing didn’t allow. DCGs, 6″ phantoms, dussas, and flatsticks have been producing the best.

From a few people I spoke with it sounds like they have been able to pick up a fair number of fish burning small bucktails over shallow sand and inside weedlines. Also, If anybody is heading up to Leech, I would really check out the shallow sand bite. Also don’t be afraid to troll some cabbage edges with the Flatsticks or Jakes etc. Experiment with the speed and don’t forget huge rips and pauses.

That is one purty fish!!!! Great catch and great photo!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Thanks! It was a classic case of perfect timing. Now lets add about 15 inches and we’ll be cooking!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I need to reserve a space in this thread of a 50″er that I’ll be pictured with, from my vacation up on Lake Vermilion

shaley
    Milford IA

One from MN from the past weekend…

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

WTG Shaley

You’re on FIRE

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Got this pike pulling lead core on mille lacs this weekend.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

you get a tape on that pike? that is a tank!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Got this pike pulling lead core on mille lacs this weekend.

DANG!!! That’s an AWESOME pike! I want to say it’s between 43″-46″….. but pictures can be subject to perception. Do you know the length? It’s obvious to me that the fish has been eating well! What a tanker!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Quote:

you get a tape on that pike? that is a tank!!!

My walleye board was not long enough to be exact, but would estimate her to be 38″ish. No doubt she was thick.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Nice pikey, she’s thick and bootiful!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I’m finally on the board

Here’s a beautiful 45-3/4″ that crushed a topwater the other day

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Way to go Joe! “Mid-summer nights”…….. I feel it every year! Just wish I could do something about it!!!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Congrats Joe. Nice fish.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Thanks Guys

Hopefully there weill be more to post after I get back from the big “V”

muskiefever
    North Metro

Nice fish Joe! Time for me to step up this season already!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Thanks man!! I’m giving you a chance to step up now, cause now my boat’s in the shop

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

woulda, coulda, shoulda…. Had the largest ski on that I have stuck since I got my PB 30 years ago…. Pretty hard to get a measurement on this one

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.