Cold Front Muskie

• stillwaiting
    rochester mn

Pretty new to muskie fishing and have been planing to hit minnetonka on thursday . all the times that i have fished them have been hot summer days with high water temps . just wondering how the cold front will effect them and were i should be looking . Any help would be very appreciated thanks guys.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

When a cold front hits tonka it seems like the fish move shallow. Look for shallow rock piles, sand holes inside of weed flats and check the inside weedlines. Work those areas with slow moving topwaters, big blades and WTD jerkbaits. Also check the deep edges of weedlines too some of the really big tonka fish don’t make the shallow migration.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Quote:

When a cold front hits tonka it seems like the fish move shallow. Look for shallow rock piles, sand holes inside of weed flats and check the inside weedlines. Work those areas with slow moving topwaters, big blades and WTD jerkbaits. Also check the deep edges of weedlines too some of the really big tonka fish don’t make the shallow migration.

What the heck are you doing here Tim?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Quote:

What the heck are you doing here Tim?

I could ask you the same Jeremy you should give me a call the bite has been hot 10 in the boat last week with a 52″ piggy for big fish. Not a lot of time for posting pics when your laying the smack down.

stillwaiting
    rochester mn

i will let you guys know how i do thanks alot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.